• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec 1080amg question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikesta

Registered
anyone know how to remove the harddrive/floppy trays from this case? i have a heater core that will fit perfectly, but i can't take out these trays because the screws are something i have never seen before. it's kinda hard to describe what they look like, but i can't fit any screwdrivers into the holes.

I am guessing you are talking about hex screws. They have 3 slots rather than one or two so you are probably going to need some hex screwdrivers I think they have them at Sears for cheap (not sure). But more description from you would help.

The actual cage comes off with the lever release but the platform it rests on is riveted on. You have to drill out the rivets. I can't remember what size bit exactly but use one just big enough for the inner part of the rivet.

Back