• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Retail ATI Radeon 9800XT $379

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Actually, if everything works our right for you, it'll be $379 from, of all places CompUSA. The local CompUSAs in my area will pricematch against the local BestBuys and the local MicroCenter. MicroCenter has 20% off all ATI graphics cards. CompUSA has a deal on the retail ATI Radeon 9800XT right now, where they give an instant reduction at the register and a $20 mail in rebate. I brought a color printout of the MicroCenter January flyer, which I got from their Web site to CompUSA. The normal price on the XT was 499.99. They took 20% off, dropping it to 399.99 but would not do the reduction at the register also. Nevertheless, they will honor the $20 mail-in rebate. So I picked one up for $399.99+ sales tax and once I'm sure it'll keep on running, I'll mail in the $20 rebate. The retail package included a coupon for a free copy of HalfLife 2, for what that's worth.

I had come into some money, so I decided to take the plunge. More than I paid for my Motherboard and CPU though.

Hoot

Wow, good find. Unfortunately I don't live near a Compuserve or BestBuy... Actually they're not even locate in this country (Japan)! :( Maybe when I get back to the States :D

Wow...that's alot for a graphics card! The geek in me says I must have it(if I had an agp port)...but the non-geek tells me to just buy a Playstation 2 for much cheaper :)

very nice indeed. too bad i have no $$ whatsoever....but again, i am not a gamer..besides Diablo II...which requires hardly any vid power at all:)

davidw2005 said:
Hmm...stero555, how did you manage to make a fox mulder quote geeky? It's quite pathetic. Still not as pathetic as me... :)

heh heh ... I'll take that as a pethetic compliment (j/k) ... LOL ;) :D

what can I say .... I luv sci-fi stuff and being a geek with computers = pethetic sci-fi/geek . :eek:

Hmm...sadly I can relate well.

Just please don't tell me you've ever had a crush on Dianna Troy...that would be extremely sad and pathetic!!! Obviously...since she's already mine. :)

Back