• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everybody read this ; last informal warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

macklin01

Computational Oncologist / Biomathematician / Mode
[color=00ee33]I am sick and tired of the flames and foul language that I have seen in this section. Let me give you a reminder of some of our rules:

1. Absolutely NO personal attacks will be tolerated, no exceptions!

Posts and threads that are solely for the sake of being confrontational are included. Flamebaiting is included. Your posts should display mutual respect and should be rational. Warmongering is included. Thumping your chest and demanding explanations here and defenses there is warmongering.

2. No hard language is permitted. If you feel you absolutely must swear the use of Stars (*) can convey your feeling with out endangering your place in our forums. Saying "S***!" is allowed. Saying "YOU S*** is never allowed, ever!!

Trying to avoid the swear filter is included. If you see *'s inserted in your post after you're done, it means that you've broken the rule. You'd be best to go back and revise your post with tasteful language at that point.

Rememer that the ocforums are to be a G-rated forums.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

I suggest you all do some reading here:

http://www.ocforums.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=66

and here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115345

I have been lenient in the past few weeks. I have tried to maintain a presence and to lead by example and remind when necessary when the rules have been breached. Some have shown improvement, and I thank those who have take the time and shown the effort. Others have not, and this thread is especially intended for those.

I am no longer going to be lenient. Any transgression of the rules will be treated with a formal warning, 3-day vacation, or perma-ban as the case may necessiate. If, when posting, you are unsure as to whether your post may violate the rules, it means it probably will.

Consider this the last informal warning to everyone. -- macklin01[/color]

Excellent move, Macklin01. The conduct seen in this section lately has been quite disappointing.

You've always been an outstanding member, nice to see you as a mod. Keep up the good work! :thup:

this is still atop the forum, but i'm post anyways, i have also seen alotta swearing etc... i do it my self ;), just not in these forums respectively :), so i hope everyone follows the rules/guidlines

-DDR

Cerberus2k7 said:
Why don't you sticky this?

'cause nobody ever reads the stickies.

bump.jpg

should just change the topic to something real good that would get Everyones attention :)

bump the bump bump

OK, it is not just this forum that I have been running into problematic posts. So here is the skinny.

Look at the top of every forum. You see that link to our forum policies? Care to guess where you go when you click on it? You can click on the link in this post if you don't want to go looking for it.

2. No hard language is permitted. If you feel you absolutely must swear the use of Stars (*) can convey your feeling with out endangering your place in our forums. Saying "S***!" is allowed. Saying "YOU S*** is never allowed, ever!!

Swearing does not raise you public image. It does not make you cool. It is not verbal “spice” that enhances you communication skills. It just marks you as someone who swears a lot.

To that end, we have a swear filter in place. It works just fine and keeps the worst of it off of our forums. If you really feel that you must swear, please just type the word. Quire frankly, we are a fairly imaginative lot and as long as you get your grammar sort of close to correct, we can all figure out whether you had a noun or a verb in mind and we can supply a fair equivalent in our own heads.

Also, please do not intentionally bypass the swear filter. If a word is in the filter it is in there for a reason. Adding a blank space or changing the spelling will get past the filter but then the whole place know that you felt the need to intentionally type your way around the filter. Think about that for a second. You had to go out of your way to do it. We know you did and it is a violation of our rules.

7. This forum has a policy of tolerance and inclusion. Prejudicial language and behavior is absolutely forbidden and may result in loss of posting privileges. Racial, Sexist or religious slights of any kind are absolutely not tolerated, nor are slights against other groups based on sexual orientation, age, class, IQ, ethnicity or similar features.

Please take special note of this one also. These forums can be read by anyone around the world. Twice yesterday I had to PM members who had dropped derogatory terms into their posts. The long and the short of it is that none of us knows who may read our posts so we all need to show a certain level of respect for all the people who use our forums.

rogerdugans said:
More bumpage- only 150 some views so far and we have a LOT more members than that. ;)

Yes, thats true. I have seen much of this so called bad behavior going on first hand. Its ridiculous, we are all mature here, lets not make the mods work any harder than they already have to work. Lets keep our discussion civil. No personal attacks or flamebaiting. Thanks.

BUMP!

Matt

tom10167 said:
Why not sticky it? Because everything stated in the original post is just taken from the first thread in every forum. ;)

As a couple others have said, many people don't notice or read stickies. I know I didn't use to until a few months ago.

Bump, people still need to read this.

I have not really noticed much, I dont venture into this section much, but just the one thread I started to post in, I did notice some of this behavior. Why can't we all just get along like mature people? Unless alot of people here are not mature yet, but I doubt that. Ok...maybe I should stop rambling nonsense and get to the point of this post, BUMP! Oh, and some nice 5 stars for it too :D

Back