• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No.1 in the world -AMD Athlon64 FX57 Show Up !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SuperPI 1M
3g1m4lw.jpg

Don't mean this to be a negative comment here but for overclockers, you know.. those that take cheap cpus and make them perform at high-end speeds.. overclocking the FX-57 is quite pointless. But hey if you got the 1000's of dollars to spend on a cpu go right ahead. I hope you win a world record on cascade cooling.

But if any wants to spend that much money on a cpu, they might as well build their own CPU and watercooling for half the price and overclock well beyond FX-57 levels.

Question is, are their any non-FX processors out there that can reach 3 Ghz on Air cooling alone...

I guess not.

baberpervez said:
Question is, are their any non-FX processors out there that can reach 3 Ghz on Air cooling alone...

I guess not.

Guaranteed? :p

I guess any venice or San Diego can get close, but it does take quite a bit of luck to get over the "magical barrier". I'd say we'l get pretty far over once Amd refines their manufacturing process a bit more.

Only the fx cpus are capable of being stable at 3GHz on air, amd speed bins and uses the best silcon for the fx line. Ive seen screenshots of diegos at 3GHz but thats all they could do. fx57 should all do over 3GHz on air :)

3.0 Ghz is the "magical barrier"
hahahah!!

Obviously because it's a nice round "3" number!

It's like my brother complaining that his winchester isn't stable at 2.35 so he should lower it to a nice 2.30 for stabilty! When will people learn that technology doesn't differentiate between numbers and operating speeds of numbres that simply "sound" good. In this case 2.31 did just fine.

LOL magical barriers...

Back