• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Wall Mounted Speakers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigTerminator

My goal in this thread is just to share my custom wall mounts that I have come up with for my speaker setup. Let me tell you, wall mounting these speakers makes the sound quality twice as good. The room becomes filled with the sound and feels very surrounding. Sub woofer is behind the monitor by the way.

As you'll see in this picture I was trying to salvage anything I could to wall mount it so I ended up using the door hangers for each speaker creating a hook to mount with. This setup worked for 3+ years. Today I took it down because it was time to upgrade.

Old Speaker Setup.jpg

This is what installed today. Much more sophisticated and versatile. Looks awesome and is very sturdy. The bars oddlly enough was mounted on top of my window as an accent piece. I took a glance at and basically said this would work. And it does!

New Speaker Setup.jpg

I'm just doing this thread to show you guys that you can improvise and come up with a solution to any problem without having to fork over big money. And again sound quality couldn't be any better... unless if I had the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 set ;)

looks good, i just make some little S shaped hooks out coat hangers and make a small nail sized hole to loop it through it leaves a cleaner look and just leaves a small single hole easy to fill when moved.when you say your sub woofer is behind your monitor do you mean its up on a desk?you'll get much better bass if it was on a carpeted floor and if you have hardwood floors i suggest a little carpeted mat to place under it=)

My monitor is right below the light bulb on a lower level. Behind the monitor is a little storage pocket because my desk is a study desk not a computer desk. The sub fits right behind in a really snug fit. I don't want it on the floor because I have hardwood, make more clutter and I find I like the bass up there because it is real close to me. If bass is too high or too low then I'll just adjust the bass volume.

How does your coat hanger wall mount compare to mine exactly?

well it compares in the point that it hangs the speakers on the wall with a nice clean look:) all you see is the speakers not the hooks.looks like the speakers are just floating there.do the speakers make any sort of rattling sounds on the metal there hung on?ive tried similar things but when i get the volume turned up i always ended up getting rattling sounds after a few weeks so had to use electrical tape between metal parts to damper there vibrations.

They surprisingly don't make any rattle what so ever. The stands that are attached to don't get any vibrations from the speakers which hangs from the bar. My speakers are never get really that loud considering my room is small so not much wattage is required to fill the room. Sub woofer rattles more than anything but has been well behaved lately. Hiding the black cable would make my setup perfect but the speakers don't have separate cables.

What speakers do you use? Mine are Logitech Z3-E. I wonder how much better the z-2300 or Klipsch Pro Media would sound and if it is worth $150. My Dad sold me these for $20 :)

i use a Samsung 7.1 Surround home theater system, i used to use the Logitech i think it was like a Z505 or something like that they were great but after i started using my 3d tv as a monitor i decided i might as well go with a large surround system as well to really fill the room when watching movies in here.

Back