• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel brings TRIM to RAID-0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr Alpha

Intel Brings TRIM to RAID-0 SSD Arrays on 7-Series Motherboards, We Test It
In an unusually terse statement, Intel officially confirmed that the ATA TRIM command now passes through to RAID-0 SSD arrays on some systems running Intel's RST (Rapid Storage Technology ) RAID driver version 11.0 and newer. The feature is limited to Intel 7 series chipsets with RST RAID support and currently only works on Windows 7 OSes, although Windows 8 support is forthcoming.
Nuff said.

Wow - Been waiting for this since Intel accidentally left a blurb about it in a "read me" file WAY back in 2010 (or very early 2011). I still feel they were baiting the possible SSD Purchasers with this pre-mature promise - making the smaller intel SSD's more appealing with hopes of TRIM in RAID-0. They "got me" with that tactic last year when I bought two more Intel 120GB 320's with hopes of TRIM in RAID-0.

Water under the bridge as I dismantled the Intel SSD RAID-0 in leu of the insane $199 Samsung 256GB 830 deal a few months ago, and I passed on the old intel SSD's to other single-drive systems...

I absolutely adore Intel SSD's, but this whole "Trim in RAID-0" promise took WAY too long to materialize IMNSHO...

:cool:

\o/

Known about the beta testing and closed testing but finally! Yay But probably doesn't apply to my motherboard of course.

Really curious if this limitation is real technical reason or just plain marketing. :shrug:
I'm guessing marketing. As far as I know there is not much difference in the SATA controller between the generations.

Is it just for intel SSD or all brand ?

Edit: seem's like it's all brand.

Back