• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

well thats it. ive brought a via c3 933

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats it. its fired up. and its working fine! (yeah!) (well in a temporary case)
:beer: 's are on me!!!!

Its not sooo bad as everybody says.ive done some tests with sandra and it seems to be between a pII-400 and a 500 in just about every, which is lower than what you guys expected, but i did some research and found the same results from other pople. Besides, that's more than enough for a music/film/classic games rig.

The o/c'ing options arnt great - but they do allow some steps in the overclocking (133,138,142 ect). ram timing is also adjustable (allthough i havnt played with it yet).

Right now the highest i can get is 150mhz cpu,150mhz ram,
that is giving me a cpu speed of 1.05ghz which isnt too shabby.
I can get 160/120 out of it, which gives me 1.12ghz, but the ram is set back to to 120mhz, which i dont really like.

The board has a 160/160. but it doesnt post - it must be the ram because it works fine at 160hmz cpu/120mhz ram.

Anyone know a quality, cheap sd-ram i can get? lol

I never realised just how LOUD my 235 Sparkle PSU was lol. the rig is so, so quiet its un belieavable!
I think im gonna 7v mod that psu fan since the psu is dead cold anyway, to see how quiet i can safely run it.

BTW, at 1.05ghz and no systems fans whatsoever, it seems to idle at 42c and load is about 45-46c. i really am liking this rig!

UPDATE:

right now ive got This Fan suspended by cable ties over the h/s. the fan is 5v modded so its still quiet as hell - you cant hear it over the psu fan or hdd.

my idle temp has now dropped to 33c at 1.05ghz.

if only i could change the multiplier i could then ramp the chip up! hmm......

Nice work, James!

Well, I got some nice Kingmax PC-150 at mwave for approx $50 / 256 MB. I've been pretty happy with it. (See my sig.)

-- Paul

thanks macklin

i can choose 166 max. than would give me 1.16ghz but my ram just wont cut it. i wonder if there's a way to mod the c3's, like a pin mod of something.
then i could get 1.2ghz at 150fsb or 1.32ghz at 166fsb. aarrrhh. need to find a mod lol

Well, they may not have the same locking as Intel, so you might just be in luck. Have fun! -- Paul

This dude is obviously down with the sickness...

You're not really gonna get any benefit out of OCing this thing, so honestly, take a step back and ask yourself "why do I wanna OC this thing anyway? Why aren't I content with its performance now?"

Of course, the answer is, because you're the type of person who joins forums like this one :burn:

indeed:)

thing is - i know that if i can unlock it - it will go much higher than it is now. i mean, come on, it idles at 33c! its just the low multiplier thats holding it back.

can somebody look through this form for me. its says about ratios and being able to set the by software. i dunno - i can get my head around it

Last edited:
Back