• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2007fpw replacement is HERE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
well, almost
my lazy *** was still sleeping downstairs @ 9.30am when they tried to deliver :bang head
i guess that's why the dog was barking so early! Gahh
anyways, ill be picking it up later today and confirming that its fixed aswell as comparing it to my old 2007..to see if i have a diff revision or how the picture is in general.

Q: i have 30 days to send my other one right?
cuz id LOVE to try running 3x 20" WS lcd's @ once :bday:

Awesome. Post the revision number that should be labelled on the back on the monitor and if you can, post all details about BIOS and stuff.

And most importantly, lets us know if it's solvedyour problems! Banding right?

YES MINE IS HERE TOO!!!!!!! :(

Well I got mine dropped off from fedex today, the gradient problem is fixed as far as I can tell. So that is good.

The Rev is A02, its on the back of the monitor as well as the box!

BUT!!!!!!!!! My new 2007FPW Rev A02 has 3 dead pixels! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've posted on the Dell forums waiting to see what can be done for me.

My 2007FPW Rev A00, with the banding issue has no dead pixels!

It really ticks me off to have one issue fixed and now have another presented to me!

What would you do in my situation? :shrug:

Richie P said:
Awesome. Post the revision number that should be labelled on the back on the monitor and if you can, post all details about BIOS and stuff.

And most importantly, lets us know if it's solvedyour problems! Banding right?

A HAAAAA!! So that's where I find the elusive revision number. (Got my 2007 yesterday and couldn't seem to figure out wehere this info was
confuse.gif

Attachments

• lcd.jpg
    lcd.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 943
Silversinksam said:
A HAAAAA!! So that's where I find the elusive revision number. (Got my 2007 yesterday and couldn't seem to figure out wehere this info was
confuse.gif

hahaha :clap:

lordkosc said:

It's kind of funny, I was sure I could find this information via software. What made it less obvious is that I had to tape my new LCD to my desk, so seeing that label with the tiny print escaped me.
My cat spends 99% of her time on top of my 21" CRT, she has already tried to get on top of this LCD's top to protest, the thing is, I put the 21" CRT on another desk, hooked up to an external tv box so it would still be warm. Nope, she's annoyed and she will sleep on top of the LCD if it kills her, or destroys the LCD. Tomorrow I will get a permanent solution at the hardware store that is more eye appealing, but until then, it will be taped to my desk.
cat.gif

Attachments

• CAT PROOF.jpg
    CAT PROOF.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 925
Silversinksam said:
It's kind of funny, I was sure I could find this information via software. What made it less obvious is that I had to tape my new LCD to my desk, so seeing that label with the tiny print escaped me.
My cat spends 99% of her time on top of my 21" CRT, she has already tried to get on top of this LCD's top to protest, the thing is, I put the 21" CRT on another desk, hooked up to an external tv box so it would still be warm. Nope, she's annoyed and she will sleep on top of the LCD if it kills her, or destroys the LCD. Tomorrow I will get a permanent solution at the hardware store that is more eye appealing, but until then, it will be taped to my desk.
cat.gif

Excellent tape work :p

My cat went to live with my sister after I got my lcds, lol, I don't miss the litter box.

lordkosc said:
My cat went to live with my sister after I got my lcds, lol, I don't miss the litter box.

I solved the litter box issues years ago
LME9000-smforweb.jpg
LMT100_sm.jpg
2xp.jpg

And each one has a powerful air cleaner/ionizer next to them, at my place when you walk into the door you don't know I have a couple cats, that is until my cat that thinks he's a dog comes after you. Luckily he likes me, but all friends and relative when they come to visit me in Florida, all stay in hotels, this cat is a Godsend :cool:

Sam, you just got yours the other day and it's only a revision A00? :( Does that mean it has banding issues? Mine will be in tomorrow, and I will be dissapointed if they are still shipping deffective ones.

Silversinksam said:
cat.gif
Sam, thats crazy, so you cat can actually lap ontop of the lcd!?
its only like 2 inches thick LOL.
pic?! :D

dreIU said:
Sam, you just got yours the other day and it's only a revision A00? :( Does that mean it has banding issues? Mine will be in tomorrow, and I will be dissapointed if they are still shipping deffective ones.

I've run many tests and so far so good. No apparent banding and no dead pixels.

d94 said:
Sam, thats crazy, so you cat can actually lap on top of the lcd!?
its only like 2 inches thick LOL.
pic?! :D

I didn't say she has actually managed to stay on top of the LCD, I said she has tried a dozen times to get on top of it to sleep. (in fact I had a 19" LCD last year for one hour, I had to get rid of that as well because she was hell bent on getting on top of that as well)
Just moments ago after staring at me for two days straight, she reluctantly went on top of her 21" CRT monitor I moved 3 feet to another desk in my office. What can I say, for years this was her monitor, not mine....:p

PS, for those of you thinking its dumb to place a towel on top of a hot CRT blocking the air escaping, what you don't see is a customized 120mm fan placed inside the monitor, cooling it off. In fact it runs cooler with the towel on top with the fan, than it ran without the towel and no fan. I had a temp probe inside as well when I modified this CRT to make it comfortable for the cat, what a mistake that was, now my LCD is a target ;)

Attachments

• Leah 026.jpg
    Leah 026.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 892
lordkosc said:
Well I got mine dropped off from fedex today, the gradient problem is fixed as far as I can tell. So that is good.

The Rev is A02, its on the back of the monitor as well as the box!

BUT!!!!!!!!! My new 2007FPW Rev A02 has 3 dead pixels! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've posted on the Dell forums waiting to see what can be done for me.

My 2007FPW Rev A00, with the banding issue has no dead pixels!

It really ticks me off to have one issue fixed and now have another presented to me!

What would you do in my situation? :shrug:

Well Dell is replaceing my replacement 2007FPW Rev A02. The usb on side of the monitor pushes all teh way in and hits the screen from what I can tell, there is also 2 rattleing sound inside the monitor, it was officially damaged in shipping. Thank god I mad the Fedex guy mark it on his check sheet!

So again I wait for my new 2007FPW Rev A02.... Sigh...

Silversinksam said:
I guess it's possible you could receive a Rev00 like I recieved yesterday :shrug:

Hmm... I'm glad to hear that you don't have any binding problems with yours. You're using DVI input, right?

Got my replacement.
D94...didnt know you were up in the DELL threads, whats your sn there?.

my A00 had no dead pixels and minor banding.
my new A02 has ONE dead pixel (currently being hammered by dead pixel buddy)
and im unsure of the banding....check pics below and help me figure it out. Its definately less severe than in A00 though.

funny thing is, my A02 is made in Mexico (I remember ChrisM saying that China was doing the flashing)

D94...was your VGA cable hooked up when you opened the box?

here are pics:

rev.jpg

vga.jpg

panel.jpg

grad.jpg

green%20scratch.jpg

dead.jpg

welp, i ended up not driving a half hour to grab it, ill just wait till tomarrow mornin' to have it delivered
i need the time to clean my room so i can have room for a triple display setup

dreIU said:
How exactly does one do banding and dead pixel tests? :eek:

I used dead pixel buddy

http://www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads.php?id=1

dpbscreenshot.jpg

Also used Monitor Testor http://www.majorgeeks.com/Monitor_Tester_d386.html

and Nokia Tester

Nokia.jpg

Senater_Cache said:
was your VGA cable hooked up when you opened the box?

D94 is in a depression since he is remorseful he didn't go drive to pick up his shiny new monitor, but for what it's worth, My VGA cable was hooked up when I upacked the monitor. :bday:

Back