• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm new to the forum(first post actually) and just completed my first WC build over the weekend. After weeks of planning and lots of helpful threads from this forum, its finally complete! Thanks for looking! :clap:

Sorry if its already been said but that fluid is not meant for normal daily used pc's...there is a warning about it on there site...its meant to be used by sponsored buildersfor pics only.

My bad, i correct myself, i use 60% normal distilled water and 40% NEAR frozen water (i leave the water in the freezer until it got very cold but not quite frozen)

So.... Do you run tubes into your freezer or empty exactly 40% of your loop every time you use your PC?!?!

I buy a gallon of distilled water at CVS, empty out about 40% of the jug, put it in the freeze until near frozen then i dump the near frozen water back in the jug and my case take exactly 1 gallon of water.
I first got the idea of running chilled water when i stumble on this thread on Tom'sHardware
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/275185-29-exploring-ambient-water-cooling

Look very interesting but i would never do something that crazy so i come up with the idea of mixing chilled water with room temp water, i also design my loop so it's very easy to fill/drain so it only take about 5 minute(or less) to empty out the loop and refill it.

I buy a gallon of distilled water at CVS, empty out about 40% of the jug, put it in the freeze until near frozen then i dump the near frozen water back in the jug and my case take exactly 1 gallon of water.
I first got the idea of running chilled water when i stumble on this thread on Tom'sHardware

Look very interesting but i would never do something that crazy so i come up with the idea of mixing chilled water with room temp water, i also design my loop so it's very easy to fill/drain so it only take about 5 minute(or less) to empty out the loop and refill it.

They make water chillers...
Then you won't be constantly bleeding your loop for air.

How much extra time does that buy you before your loop is back to the regular (hopefully only a) few degrees above ambient?

I can't see filling a regular loop with chilled water having any benefit.
The only reason it works (sort of) in that thread is because of the huge cooler of water with ice in it that he has. He even had to take the GPU out of the loop because it created too much heat for the cooler.
You also have rads in your loop that will warm the water in a sub ambient system. :screwy:

Last edited:
I can't see you filling a regular loop with chilled water having any benefit.
The only reason it works (sort of) in that thread is because of the huge cooler of water with ice in it that he has. He even had to take the GPU out of the loop because it created too much heat for the cooler.
You also have rads in your loop that will warm the water in a sub ambient system. :screwy:

I tend to agree, by the time it al circulates it must be nearly room temp again. I have played with cold water cooling a lot. My first attempt was a regular cooler full of water , icepaks and a pump which worked quite well. Now I have upgraded to this

cold air.jpg

This is awsome in the winter gets the water down to -20c+ at times. In the warmer months like now I have it all sitting in a deep freezer.

It works friggin awsome too.

Inside view, at the yellow arrows I inserted a couple of "Y" valves so I can run my 4770K on it as well. It's to the right of the desk outside the picture.

loop1a.jpg

How is this loop setup? I cannot for the life of my figure it out? Does it pump into the GPU's first? Does its pump the other way?

From what i understand, the loop order doesnt matter what so ever, apart from one thing. Pump should always take water from the reservoir, and my brain is just really itchy from looking at this loop.

That said, its a clean build, and good looking.

water is going to the first single rad and to the res, then both 240's, then cpu, then a pair of 780TI's then back to the pump.

Res does not have to be before the pump, it just makes it easier to fill.

I was fighting space and I did not want the res or any water being added above 1600 bucks worth of video cards.

Res does not have to be before the pump, it just makes it easier to fill.

Maybe in your case and with your expertise but in general we won't say that. We preach reservoir before pump and letting gravity take its toll and not the pump. :p

TigerSun rocking TriFire :clap: :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• TriFire WC.jpg
    TriFire WC.jpg
    857.4 KB · Views: 915
  • I like LED's.jpg
    I like LED's.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 970
Nothing like what I've seen in here but here is mine:
FX-8350, GA-990FXA-UD5 R3.0
Cooler: Nepton 280L

DSCN0612.JPG