• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Last Chance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I have been working on this for three months. Every time I would stick a motherboard with all the w/c components in a Lil Devil case, memory slots wouldn't work or a GPU would only run at 8x when it should have been 16x. I give up on Lil Devil cases. They are just two flimsy the way the motherboard mounts.

This CaseLabs STH10 is not. This has to be the best quality case I have ever seen. It's not heavy at all. It has a removable motherboard tray and that sucker is not going to bend in any way, shape, or form. It' the only tray I have seen that has the tray and a back plate to the tray that makes it even sturdier.

It's still not finished. I'm still waiting for the pedestal that will give it space for two more 120.4 rads and wwill make it about 6" taller. I also have more radiator mounts coming and the stand with heavy duty casters.

This was three hours of my time. You have to build it yourself and nothing comes with it, no fans, no ports, no radiator mounts, no fan mounts, no nothing. All have to be purchased separately.

That big box in the background is how it comes shipped. Every piece is meticulously wrapped. The hardware bag had to weigh 10 pounds. All the hardware was marked what it was. They need to do the same for the case parts. Some are obvious what they are, but some aren't. You need to look at the instructions to figure it out.

002.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Last edited:
so it'll fit 2 120x4's in the top and two more in the base?

No, the way it is now, it will fit 2 120.4 on the top or bottom but only 1 120.4 wherever the PSU is installed. It will also fit a 120.4 up front, but that takes all the bays.

With the pedestal, I can fit what is above plus 2 more 120.4. They told me they had it in stock, but apparently they didn't. I'm fighting now that I'm not paying shipping for it since they told me it was in stock.

No, the way it is now, it will fit 2 120.4 on the top or bottom but only 1 120.4 wherever the PSU is installed. It will also fit a 120.4 up front, but that takes all the bays.

With the pedestal, I can fit what is above plus 2 more 120.4. They told me they had it in stock, but apparently they didn't. I'm fighting now that I'm not paying shipping for it since they told me it was in stock.

:drool: That case looks amazing! :clap: Really hope you feel you made the right decision. :p I honestly will go with a Caselabs once day if I get the funds for it after I am done upgrading some of the rigs main components.

Is it safe to say the price point is justifiable? I think it is a bit high but because they don't sell at high volumes as say Corsair, Coolmaster and the like one could see why they sell them that high.

Just one thought that crossed my mind, I would personally put the PSU on top with one 120.4 and put all the rads at the bottom, including the pedestal while knowing most of the water is under the electronics for added security but hey that's just me. :p

Nonetheless, I can't wait for this to unfold. You got some really nice hardware to go into that bad boy. Many more pictures please! :attn:

P.S.- I don't think they'll be charging you for the shipping but it's possible the shipping time won't be the same. Regardless if you picked 2 day shipping or not, they should match up the shipping you originally payed for.

I am thinking about placing the PSU at the top.

I'm so close to PPC, Fed Ex ground and Priority Mail are next day delivery. With the case, pedestal, and everything I bought, the shipping was 30.00, from CaseLabs themselves, it was 80.00 ground shipping.

It is a very expensive case. The only thing that makes me mad is you have to buy everything separately and you have to put it together.... but there is a big sticker on the box that explains why....Made In The USA by the California Fabrication Co.

The entire case is black except the aluminium "clamps" that hold the top, sides, and doors closed. They should have made them black too. The screws were black. I think the motherboard standoffs are bronze, but you can't see them anyway.

This is B.S. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. I put the pedestal on and go to put the base on with the castors and this is what I get. For those sight impaired, it's bent.

002.JPG

RMA time. I hope they'll cross ship.

Besides this little issue, this is the freaking largest single wide case I have ever seen and I don't have the base and castors on yet. This is it with the pedestal and front panel (USB3/Sound) installed (painted the same color as the case). Of course...nothing comes with the case on CaseLabs cases, o you can figure on 200-300 more than the case on accessories. I need to switch the power switch to a red one. I happen to have one the same size.

This is at least 5 x 120.4 with a PSU, not counting the front or 6 PSU's. :)

And zero instructions for installing the pedestal or base. This is a figure it out yourself case.

006.JPG
008.JPG

Last edited:
OMG it's like a mini server rack I WANT ONE! :drool:

I hope it all works out for ya this time man! :thup:
I'll be watch' the thread for moar pics

OK, I'm getting pissed off. I can't remove the first triple bay cover without loosing the front cover and top level. They sit on screws from the back and you can't remove the cover without hitting the level.

Why don't they put this in the directions? It's going to be the same with the bottom level. I need to remove it. I want to put the ROG monitor below the res. Better yet, why don't they just use all single covers?

I made some progress tonight. I'm working my way from the top down. I have a 480 installed at the top and a 240 in the front. I also have all my bay hardware installed except the Lamptron Fan Controller. I need to cut the right bay holder in half so it doesn't hit the radiator. Time to break out the Dremel. I thought I ordered a couple half size holders. Nope. I order full size. I was going to put a 480 and PSU at the top, but I'd lose all of the bays.

So from the top to the bottom, I'll have the fan controller @ 30w per channel x 6, the EK res with 2 x MCP35x, LG Blue Ray Burner, and ROG meter.

I'm thinking about placing a 360 under the motherboard if the fans don't interfere with the 480 in the bay below. I think 120.21 or 120.22 will work. :)

I'm going to have this sucker finished this weekend come hell or high water. The only other thing I have to do is get fitted for my tux for the wedding. My daughter call me in a panic that I haven't done it yet. The guy at Men's Warehouse said I can do it 3-4 weeks before the wedding which is 11/15. I wanted her to get married on her 27th birthday. It would be memorable... 12/13/14.

CaseLabs is sending me a new base and just told me to throw away the other one.

002.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

Last edited:
Well, the case is finally finished, besides the wiring.

What really sucks is I bought the 6 x 30 watt channel Lamptron controller and will absolutely not fit in the case. You have to screw 5 1/4" holders on each side of the item. Then there is a pin and hole for a thumbscrew that you screw in from the front. It will not line up to all four holes to install it. I guess it was made for a 5 1/4" bay period and adding the extra hardware makes it too thick.

Now to work on the components and water cooling blocks.

001.JPG

003.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

Back