• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So...who feels like a Google prank?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

For those not familiar with the concept of Google pranking or Google bombing, it's simply convincing many people to link to a certain site with a certain keyword until that site becomes the number one ranked for that keyword. This is the way that Michael Moore's site became top ranked for "miserable failure" a couple years ago (don't remember when exactly). My idea doesn't have anything to do with making someone look bad, just a play on words.

Let's make Bill O' Riley's site rank #1 for "O RLY?" :D

My job is indeed intensely boring. I just thought it would be something funny.

... I just typed in my name in google.... and I found posts from all the forums I post on... scary...

Google is cacheing the complete history of the internet...

rebelwarlock said:
For those not familiar with the concept of Google pranking or Google bombing, it's simply convincing many people to link to a certain site with a certain keyword until that site becomes the number one ranked for that keyword.

Sounds like a plan to me, screw over Google's indexing for fun so that when you actually want to search for something you can only find something unrelated. :bang head
If enough people start pranking it could eventually cause search problems

I just looked up 'miserable failure' on google. Bush tops the list. And apparantly Jimmy Carter is second.

Bill O'Reilly's site should come up #1 for "splotchy face". Or perhaps "Tool and Shill" Yeah.. I like that one better..

And to think, not only am I the world's worst failure, but I am not even getting recognized for it! Damn google!

UnseenMenace said:
Sounds like a plan to me, screw over Google's indexing for fun so that when you actually want to search for something you can only find something unrelated. :bang head
If enough people start pranking it could eventually cause search problems

Then we could get even more I'm to lazy to use google threads.

A better prank is to set up phone conversations between a business and an unlucky friend of yours using Google maps. Best of all, the cost is covered by Google.

Back