• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2500k 4.7ghz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AJZ

Registered
Heyo,

How's this look:

testgqy.jpg

Settings as follows:

AI Tweaker -
Ai overclock manual
Blck 100
turbo ratio by all cores in os
set by all cores 47 (4.7ghz)
internal pll over enabled
memory auto (until I can manual back to 1600 right now it's 1333 i had to xmp it to 1600 before) will need help with this
epu power saving mode disabled.

CPU Power management -

enhanced speed step enabled
turbo mode auto
(Should I disable those????)

Loadline set to extreme
phase extreme
duty extreme
cpu current cap 130%
VRM manual
VRM Fixed Frequency mode 350

cpu voltage manual mode
cpu voltage set to 1.350
(how should I adjust this? in increments of what?) (also in hwmonitor it says max 1.38 and value 1.37). Any tips?

cpu spread spectrum disabled

Advanced-
CPu config

c1e, c3 Report, c6 all disabled....

Any help is welcomed I'm a noob at this but it's starting to become fun!

4 hours of prime95 and core #3 is the highest temp at 67c, I'm assuming the temp is really good for the 4.7ghz oc I did correct? What should I change or edit? Did I do anything wrong?

Just need help with the questions asked. I'm stable atm. passed all test.

Last edited:
Ok, update...turned computer on today and it didn't even get to then boot screen and restarted but after restart it's fine nothing has changed. Any idea what that's about? Also in the Bios under aitweaker my cpu voltage 1.35 and even when I changed it to 1.345 both show up as red text is that normal? Lastly even though I set the voltage to 1.345 in cpuid monitor it says vale 1.36v min 1.34v max 1.38v

Last edited:
Loadline use ultra high not extreme
Take it off Turbo, run it fulltime
Speedstep C3, C6, C1E need to all be disabled
Put the memory on XMP and then go into the memory timings section and verify that it's pulling the correct timings for your memory.
VRM I would leave default.

CPU voltage I would let it be an offset to the VID, so in other words if your voltage ID is 1.36 for 4.7ghz, and you need 1.38 to get it stable... you add an offset or .04ish.

I have my i5 2500K also at 4.7GHz. When it's at 100% load the temps are about 80 degrees Celsius. Try backing up to 4.5Ghz. These CPUs handle 4.5GHz with ease.:drool:

Why should I back it down to 4.5? At full 100% load my back core temp is 67c isn't that pretty good?

Loadline use ultra high not extreme
Take it off Turbo, run it fulltime
Speedstep C3, C6, C1E need to all be disabled
Put the memory on XMP and then go into the memory timings section and verify that it's pulling the correct timings for your memory.
VRM I would leave default.

CPU voltage I would let it be an offset to the VID, so in other words if your voltage ID is 1.36 for 4.7ghz, and you need 1.38 to get it stable... you add an offset or .04ish.

Thanks man! I'll change these settings tonight. Though you have a better cpu hopefully my settings will stick.

Back