• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD7970 Battlefield 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shaunnyb

Registered
ok here's my question, look at my tag to see my system, as i play BF3 on 3 screens in eyefinity, i get about 30-35 fps with all settings on high and 40-60 with settings on medium on a 64 player map..

if i was to add another HD7970, would my FPS increase by much?

LOl thanks, but i would really like to hear from some people running crossfire with these cards

ok here's my question, look at my tag to see my system, as i play BF3 on 3 screens in eyefinity, i get about 30-35 fps with all settings on high and 40-60 with settings on medium on a 64 player map..

if i was to add another HD7970, would my FPS increase by much?

Getting 70-90 with CF 7950s. Well worth it to me.

Those cards are also overclocked, 1200Mhz / 1600Mhz.... but yeah, he's getting like 100 - 140 FPS on a 3 display setup.... Incredible!

changed my set up, went from crossfire 6870/6850.
to a 7970 1200mhz OC.
I play Bc2 atm, using low settings, now I can play at 5040x1050 at same fps I had with crossfire on 3840x800.
its smoother now, and happy with the purchase, got a good deal, 330 euro on a sale out. asus reference design.
I have 70-100fps on my set up.

I'm not sure the extra card would increase as much with your CPU. Although I'm not up to date on AMD's latest FX chips, I would think that chip would be holding your current card back a bit.

I'm not sure the extra card would increase as much with your CPU. Although I'm not up to date on AMD's latest FX chips, I would think that chip would be holding your current card back a bit.

My AMD 980BE overclocked to 4.3Ghz holds back a single 7950 quite a bit. 15-20 frames it would seem, with a monstrous overclock to 1200Core. I don't see how the FX series can run Crossfire efficiently.

yer i am kinda worried about that, i am hope its not my cpu bottlenecking me.

it runs everything else soo quick

Last edited:

i could see this if you have msaa on

Back