• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE7 vs Firefox what do you all think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Crash893 said:
I aggree that firefox is getting bloated

eh, i mean it's a large memory footprint. but with 6 tabs open i'm using 79320K with firefox.

open 6 IE browsers and the six of them take up 1000888K for me

ShadowPho said:
FF 2.0 > IE 7.0 in my opinion.
Having 2 gigs of ram means I dont care that FF is taking up 200 megs. And I just LOVE the extensions!

can you provide a link so I can try FF2.0 to form an opinion?

I like FF right now, though ever since the early FireBird realeses up until now I have noticed a little lose in quality in the FireBird-FireFox seriouse. So I may soon change back to IE. I do like how IE works with every site, though from what I have used of IE7 it reminds me kind of of MyIE2 which though a good browser never felt clean to me.

When I did my fresh install for the new rig over the weekend, I went with IE7. After messing with it for a few days, I switched to FF 1.5 and haven't looked back. Maybe I'll try it again once its out of beta, but now it's Firefox FTW.

I like FF all the way around better than IE, so I will be sticking with it. (ohyeah, and IE doesn't work to great on Linux unless you work to get it there)

btw: There is an extension for FF that will keep its RAM usage down. It is called Cache Status

Back