• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a 4k monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony of your avatar just about destroys me on the inside...

I'm glad your laughing, because i'm crying for the components of all those AMDon't buyers, who have to sit by in the blisterin' heat.

*Runs cooler... so what. It can happily run at those temps... see temp vs heat comment above.

Sure... but the question is... for how long, and how much on average will that raise the internal temperature of the case? How badly will it limit CPU overclocking as result? Not something I want happening that's for sure, to be CPU overclock limited by a less-than-quality brand of video card.

*Post using facts, not false comments pulled out of your rear end.

I have been... lol. Do you not see the links at the end of most of my posts? Just because they don't support AMDon'ts shoddy products they're not facts? I see how it is.

Temperature and heat are directly correlated, proportional. More power consumed = more heat.

You want an example of that, go look at AMD's CPUs. Lmfaooooooooooooooooo.

I'm glad your laughing, because i'm crying for the components of all those AMDon't buyers, who have to sit by in the blisterin' heat.

Again, heat and temperature are two different things.
POWER is what causes a temperature rise in your room. Both the 780Ti and 290X use 250W TDP. They're going to heat your room up the same amount.

If you don't believe me, go take two courses of Thermodynamics and one course of the fundamentals of Heat Transfer then start talking again.

Sure... but the question is... for how long, and how much on average will that raise the internal temperature of the case? How badly will it limit CPU overclocking as result? Not something I want happening that's for sure, to be CPU overclock limited by a less-than-quality brand of video card.

Different GPUs are made to run at different temperatures. AMD can simply sustain a higher temperature of operation.
CPUs are the same way, some run at higher temperature than others.

I have been... lol. Do you not see the links at the end of most of my posts? Just because they don't support AMDon't they're not facts? I see how it is.

Because you've cherry picked one result? Look at more than one site.

Temperature and heat are directly correlated, proportional. More power consumed = more heat.

You don't have the slightest clue how heat, power, and temperature are related.
See above comment about college level courses.

You want an example of that, go look at AMD's CPUs. Lmfaooooooooooooooooo.

When did CPUs come in to this discussion?

POWER is what causes a temperature rise in your room. Both the 780Ti and 290X use 250W TDP. They're going to heat your room up the same amount.

http://techgage.com/article/amd-radeon-r9-290x-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-review/10/

So 83 = 91 at whatever college you went to?

Hmm.

When did CPUs come in to this discussion?

Merely showcasing this is not only with AMDon'ts video cards, but also their CPUs. Probably due to lack of quality control somewhere along the line.

Dude, its cool, buy what you would like, bottom line here all these folks are trying to help you. I don't claim to be an expert, That being said doing research on this personally as I am looking at 4K monitors myself I have concluded that the AMD offering is superior at this resolution.

I challange you to do some in depth research and reach your own conclusions based on this research, don't buy anything uniformed, It is your responcibilty as a consumer to make good decisions, and if after all that your conclusion is for an nVidia or an AMD offering then by all means make the informed purchase with confidence that you will be satisfied with the results.

Everything is a lie. If you do research, you work FOR THE MAN and your findings are automatically incorrect regardless of how detailed and correct your testing methodology is. Therefore anyone who reads research is also incorrect. QED.

Culbrelai, either start posting sanely or resume posting about the original topic. I'm tired of reading this drivel.

http://techgage.com/article/amd-radeon-r9-290x-nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-review/10/

So 83 = 91 at whatever college you went to?

Hmm.

Except that isn't what I said at all. Learn to read facts, thanks.

Merely showcasing this is not only with AMDon'ts video cards, but also their CPUs. Probably due to lack of quality control somewhere along the line.

Yes, temperature differences from other products are due to QUALITY CONTROL. Do you even know what quality control is?!
Quality control tells you that SOMETHING ISN'T BROKEN.

Take a gander at this:

1. Heat and temperature are two different things. Want proof (ya know outside of science and facts)? Which is hotter temperature wise? A lighter with a yellow flame or a bonfire with a yellow flame?
A: They are both the same temperature (color of fire has a direct correlation to temps).
2. Which puts out more heat at the same temperature? Yellow fire from a bonfire or yellow fire from a lighter?
A: The bonfire. Even though the temperature is the same the much larger bonfire gives off a LOT more energy.
Can you now understand the difference between heat and temperature? It has to do with energy.
You know, energy, like watts.
Watts, like TDP.

Notice now that temperature has nothing to do with the amount of heat that a GPU dumps. It has to do with the energy it consumes (power).

You keep saying 'less than quality' for years even you have said that, yet have nothing, zero, zip, ZILCH to back that statement up. You have absolutely no clue about quality of the cards. NONE. All your stance does, since its mostly all rooted in false pretenses, is **** people off. Do you ever sit and wonder over the years why every time you bring up your abhorrently biased thoughts people argue with you? Did you ever sit back and think... 'well damn... maybe what I think I know, I really don't... maybe I should listen and perhaps find out for myself all these points they bring up and confirm it outside of the discussion?"
Cul, its is more than clear that your knowledge isn't where you think it is. Your blatent, meritless fanboyism only serves to cause trouble because you do not have an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back