• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

34" 21:9 LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ironman129

I've been wanting to upgrade my monitor and have been looking at some of the 21:9 ratio LCDs. I like having the wide screen, but I've read that a lot of games aren't compatible. I'm not a huge gamer, D3, and SC2, mainly going to be using it to have multiple documents open at the same time. I was thinking of doing 3 23" IPS in portrait, but reading some of the posts seem to discourage that. The 3 monitors would actually be half the price of the one large monitor, but then you have to have 2 GPUs (from my understanding) and that can creat problems, plus the bezel. Any advice?

I run four monitors off of my 780.

Anything 750Ti and higher will run four monitors from NVidia.

So you think running 3 screens off a single GPU will be the best option? Again, I can get a 23" IPS for around $150, so three would be $450. I am looking at about $750-$1000 for a 34" 21:9 screen. Given that I am not worried about a high FPS and hard core gaming, that would be a work well?

It would run absolutely great and give you more screen real-estate to work with too!
Provided that your GPU will push 3 monitors.

3x23.5/24 inch is quite large it ends up being alot of real estate when its all done. it will give you way more screen room then a single 34" if your needing this for work purposes.

Now for games its a tough question because with the bezel their is a break in the screen but its not as noticeable as you may think when using eyefinity mode if you setup the screens in a way where one bezel covers the other.

that said not every game can run 5760x1080 either for instance i tried running hawken on my setup and it had fits doing it but they are a low budget company.

BF4 for instance worked seamlessly.
Portrait mode has issues with viewing angles of some monitors and the resolution isn't widely supported either.

here is a example of what it will look like in eyefinity mode. 5760x1080

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
So this is what I am trying to figure out before I buy. GPU is a R9 380x 3gb. I would like them in portrait, but if it's going to be glitchy then I'll save up for a single monitor. I'm not too worried about the bezel, main thing is if I am editing documents and video, and playing a few games will it hold up.

There are more and more slim bezel monitors coming out by the day.

I have 3 of the Dell U2414H, they're amazing.

Shouldn't be glitchy, I've seen plenty of people playing games in 3x portrait.

yes just make sure the monitors your looking at have good viewing angles top to bottom also if your doing portrait

It would absolutely handle them.
And those are decently small bezels (not huge, not anorexic, but still smaller than average), should look good together!

Back