• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

On board video???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ruben

Registered
Im looking to get a new board, and to save some money I'm thinking about getting one with on board video. I don't play any games, my wife puts a few on my system now, like The Sims and a few other Sims games. but nothing high end. I mostly just work on it. I do use two monitors. right now I use an AGP card and an PCI card. Can I use a PCI card with the on board video?

Shuttle MN31N with Barton 2500+ and 2 x 256mb Crucial PC2700 @180 FSB w/6-2-2-2.5 timings, 512 Barton cache improves on-board graphics and retail HSF is excellent, 3 year warranty doesn't hurt either.

Using on-board everything with no issues

Soundstorm Audio, USB2, Firewire, SPDIF support

Dual-VGA displays work flawlessly

$15.00 rebate from Shuttle for November purchases ($73.00 net)

OC IGP with Riva for 5900+ in 3DMark

1024 X 768 X 32 bit color in BF1942, RTCW et al

I just bought a second one for my wifes new rig, got tired with messing with the A7N266-VM I was using.

Regards, Balrog

WOW! thanks that looks great. But I'm a big Intel fan do they make one for P4??

There will be shortly using ATI's 9100 IGP for P4s, should be equal to the nForce IGP but with DirectX8.1 support and a few other features. Should be popping up before X-Mas from what I hear. Pair it with one of those 2.8 Celerons and you'd have a nice little rig for cheap.
Regards, Balrog

another question, some time ago I bought a MX440 card with dual VGA output, I was only able to have a streched desktop using the same screen size, I run two card now one at 1024 (19 inch) and the other at 1280 (21 inch), do you know if I can do this with this board. and another thing I hated was when you would max out a windows it would flow to and fill both screens. god I hated that.

I believe you can use different res on each monitor, though I'm not running that rig with dualies anymore so I can't test it out.
Regards, Balrog

Back