• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of Noob Guide to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
(@ ocnoob) it should be 1066 on that board for that chip (quad pumped). Your arent going to have a foot left if you keep up like this today! lol

PUsh teh FSB until it doesnt boot.

And this isnt an IM client, dont bump every hour man! Take the training wheels off time to play with your settings! Dont raise any voltage at this point more than .2 over its stock settings. Memory dont go more than .1. See you in the morning!

"in a highly unlikey event" manner you did. Thats how it is on that board. Its a fact actually. ;)

Update:

Started a 12 hour Orthos test, but in Vista and myselfs fault. Thought i had auto updates turned off. Long story short, it updated gave the 5 min countdown and turned off. SOOOO, started another test when i woke up, check it when i get home and hopefully all should be good.

Think it's sitting at 3.26. Temps i'm not sure about.

See? It is there. Top right. That's the number I was telling him to look for.

1066 / 4 = 266.5
We (well you) were talking about the BIOS which does show quad pumped only. It wasnt unlikely, it IS. But this discussion is neither here nor there, and I am nitpicking. But the guy is very new to this and to be vague/off in an explanation could twist a new guys head into a pretzel. All good man. :) :bday:

You're looking good on the CPU front. Can you post a shot of the memory tab in CPU-Z?

You're looking good on the CPU front. Can you post a shot of the memory tab in CPU-Z?

Sure can, i'll do it when i get home from work. It'll be on 9hours on my ortho test so we'll see just how stable she is.

Back