• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hd5830 gtx460?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I highly doubt there will be any form of agreeance on which is better, ATI or Nvidia... that being said I really like ATI's Eyefinity. I'm not an Nvidia guy so I don't really know if Nvidia's got something like that.

ATI got Eyefinity while Nvidia got 3D vision,but I choosed the HD5870 2GB, anyway,I this 2 cards are the same performance wise:rock:

The hd5830 and gtx460 are pretty much equal, right?

Edit: nm, I found something. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4471975&postcount=174
According to most reviews yes, it varies by game/res/settings etc.

I highly doubt there will be any form of agreeance on which is better, ATI or Nvidia... that being said I really like ATI's Eyefinity. I'm not an Nvidia guy so I don't really know if Nvidia's got something like that.
Im not sure what eyefinity or 3d has to do with this as I wouldnt want to run eyefinity on a 5830, or 3d on a 460...

neither of them are slouch cards. some games will prefer one vendor while others the other vendor. Get whichever one you get the best deal on or like the looks of the card. Basically just flip a coin.

I've seen benches of the 460 1Gb overclocked where it'll perform faster than a GTX 470. I would strongly push towards the 460.

If the 460 weren't the 460 I'd recommend the ATi. Thing is, the 460 is quite a good card, clocking extremely well if one were to OC it, all while staying reasonable on the noise and heat front. I'd go for the 1GB 460 over the 768 or 5830, if you were to ask me :)

Back