• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$199 Core i7 -930!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think this is the cheapest I've seen the 930, so I thought I'd share with everyone.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0331303

-SeriousGamer

i have a microcenter like 1 mile form my work. it's awsome. micro center rocks, got a 930 for 199 there last weekend. it's it's my everyday computer now.

microcenter is almost as cheep as newegg, prices get better there every month it seems. i live in Detroit and it is insainly busy at that store every time i go. no one in this town has any money but that that store is packed all the time. they are making TONS of money.

they don't have high end boards, other than that they are great have everything most people need at great prices and you don't have to wait for the UPS man. also staff if pretty knowledgeable.

IN STORE ONLY per usual!!!

I'd be happy to go get you one and ship it if you would like, I'm not sure what I'd need to do to be a vendor on here but I am a business owner and have no issues using paypal or anything you would like. You pay the shipping cost and taxes and I'll send it for you. I'm headed there this afternoon to get one anyway.

This should probably be in teh CYBER DEALS section though... ;)

Ooops!

Stupid Newb post there, thanks for the move!

No thanks, Im good... I sincerely appreciate it though. Sometimes people get upset when they see these posts and dont put "in store only" on them...but hell, all the microcenter deals that are posted it should be a given by now... :)

if only they'd mistake an in-store pickup 200dollar 980!

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

i have a microcenter like 1 mile form my work. it's awsome. micro center rocks, got a 930 for 199 there last weekend. it's it's my everyday computer now.

microcenter is almost as cheep as newegg, prices get better there every month it seems. i live in Detroit and it is insainly busy at that store every time i go. no one in this town has any money but that that store is packed all the time. they are making TONS of money.

they don't have high end boards, other than that they are great have everything most people need at great prices and you don't have to wait for the UPS man. also staff if pretty knowledgeable.

the store is busy because people like me drive 2 hours to get there :D

They have higher end boards locked up in the back. You have to ask for them I got my evga x58 SLI LE there 199.99 after $20 MIR and a discount of 20 as well i think.

BTW where at in the D are you located?

I'd be happy to go get you one and ship it if you would like, I'm not sure what I'd need to do to be a vendor on here but I am a business owner and have no issues using paypal or anything you would like. You pay the shipping cost and taxes and I'll send it for you. I'm headed there this afternoon to get one anyway.

That would have to be done through our classified section, to which you do not yet have access. I believe it's 100 posts AND a valid ISP-based email address.

We don't allow any sort of sales outside our classifieds per forum rules, just so you know! :beer:

I have offered this before and a modertor did not ding me for it........ Its someone doing someone else a favor...its not a used part they own and are selling.

I have offered this before and a modertor did not ding me for it........ Its someone doing someone else a favor...its not a used part they own and are selling.

I certainly would have dinged. I"ll report so we can get a current green opinion. Pretty sure any selling outside the classifieds is prohibited.

That would have to be done through our classified section, to which you do not yet have access. I believe it's 100 posts AND a valid ISP-based email address.

We don't allow any sort of sales outside our classifieds per forum rules, just so you know! :beer:

Indeed, I couldn't say it better, so I won't even try. ;)

Ok, A "Favor is a favor". It doesn't need to be posted publically.
If you are going to do that sort of thing, make the offer VIA PM's.

PERIOD.

Or buy several at the "Great Deal price", and post them in the classies.

What this is, is solisiting outside the Classified Section and against the rules.

WarriorII

Sounds like an actual rule about this should be placed in the classifieds (if its there already, I dont remember it). I would be pretty upset if I offered this and got an infraction or vacation from the classies for doing so with no rule to base it off of.... :)

EDIT: or I would imagine this is covered under soliciting.....glad we got a sort of ok to do it though...very helpful.

Last edited:
I think they should make a sticky as part of FAQ for newbies that states all deals on Microcenter are B&M and are always that price(since first post), so do a search before posting another identical one, or risk having said post deleted as dup post.

Besides, one infraction for "soliciting" and people will start to get the wrong idea. :D

Back