• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is the best air cooler and case for i5-661?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bostanelll

Hello, I want to buy a cooler for my processor it is an i5-661. And I want to buy a Case for my PC.
Please tell me which are the best and at a low price.

Hyper212+ is probably the best budget cooler.

Budget cases, I'd go for a Cooler Master Elite 430 or a Antec 300 Illusion.

Thank you Knufire. They are very ok.
Other ones please leave more suggestions!

I think 212 evo would be fine. As long as you don't go over 1.4+(max) or 1.5v, your temps will fine. That's what I know reading here in our forum. Try to ask Muddocktor, he tested a lot of HS and can suggest you if 212evo is enough. But for me, it's good enough.:)

Yeah, the Evo is just the updated version of the Plus. Usually the Plus is a few dollars cheaper, but they're both great.

Coolermaster HAF 912 I just bought for 50 or 60ish. Nice design, but best of all plenty of room to expand adding fans or drives.

Also have 212+

I'm not sure why you can't find the plus, but as far as I could find out, both the evo and plus perform about the same. They have the same dimensions. The evo has a smoother base (gaps between heatpipes are filled). The evo has a fan that is purportedly quieter at low RPMs and louder at higher RPMs, but it can move more air. I believe the evo is also a little ligher than the plus. I just purchased a plus last night from Newegg because it's cheaper than the evo and performs about the same. They're also on Amazon for a similar price.

Yes but I am from Romania, and I really hate this country because I can't find anything.
Anyway, I will buy the Hype212 EVO, and I guess the Corsair CC400R.
Please tell me your opinios for that case.
And Thank You all for your answers!

Back