• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help building a gaming computer from scratch. $750 budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IRLwizard

Registered
Hi if someone could be so kind to help me pick out the parts that would suite me best for the MMO elder scrolls online to play on high settings preferably 60 fps.

I have $750 for tower and everything that goes in it.

I have seperate money for monitor and for the case, monitor does not have to be very big. I am pretty new to this so do you think it would be very hard for a beginner to put it together and then put in a cooling system with lights to make it pretty?

thanks in advance for the help.

Assuming a single 1080p monitor here.

CPU: FX-6300
Cooler: 212 EVO
Mobo: GA-970A-UD3P
RAM: 2x4GB G.SKILL 1866 CL9 1.5V
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 ACX
PSU: Corsair CX500M

Add an HDD/SSD and Case.

hey thanks for the reply bud.

does it matter what kind of case i use or it should all fit right?

Any case that supports a standard ATX motherboard will work :thup:

Check out the Tempest 410 Elite from NZXT, they're set up for good cooling at a decent price :)

sweet man!!! thanks so much checkin it out now. what do you think of that case i posted, since its mini atx haha

You would need an mATX motherboard to use that case.

There are plenty to look at, Corsair makes some nice ones (I love my Air 540), Fractal Design is another good company for cases, NZXT is cheaper without sacrificing quality, among other good companies.

damn the one you have is awesome im going to look a little more just cause it wouldnt feel right to buy it right away, it should look mighty powerful once its got all the parts in it. I am probably getting corsair 540.

do you think i can handle putting in a water cooling system in there and lights to make it cool? im completely new but i figured if i follow that sticky guide you guys posted up there i can handle it.

oh yea and amazon and newegg is the place where i should try to find deals?

and i appreciate you taking the time out to help me with this man

I'm in the process of getting a loop together in my 540 right now.
Its a pretty awesome case for air or water cooling.

Lights are easy, we can worry about that once the build is settled though.

as soon as my card goes through they will be on the way! okay so instead of the cooler you recommended i can chose a water cooler right?

as soon as my card goes through they will be on the way! okay so instead of the cooler you recommended i can chose a water cooler right?

Unless you're going fully custom water, don't bother.
AIO water kits aren't worth the risk and the added cost.

+1 atminside, and with the 6300 or 6350 you will not even need water cooling, big air will do with the downside being a little more noise.

as a side note, most games will not use all 6 cores, for the most part 4 cores, so you can idle 2 cores and save on the noise.

Unless you're going fully custom water, don't bother.
AIO water kits aren't worth the risk and the added cost.

right i have an idea of what your saying. the custom ones look cool and the premade ones look pretty crummy from what i saw.

and thanks caddi daddi for info on the cpu!

just bought some parts on newegg man and i can pick it up 5 min from my house hahaI just bought

: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (CC-9011030-WW) Black Steel / Plastic ATX High Airflow Cube Case

should i just buy expensive parts over a longer period of time? what does a good cpu do for the computer or the game?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284

Last edited:
I always recommend Dell for monitors, they make some of (if not) the best monitors available.

I'm currently running three of the U2414H for triple monitor gaming, and its an outstanding monitor. Its not cheap though.

hmm ill have to research i dont think im gonna get a dell to be honest, but we will see i am open to the idea.

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 CL9

or

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Des

you think this will do the trick for ram?

240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 CL9 will be fine anything more in speed is just a waste, the performance improvement is negligible with faster ram.

For a monitor with good gaming performance ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) HDMI

240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 CL9 will be fine anything more in speed is just a waste, the performance improvement is negligible with faster ram.

For a monitor with good gaming performance ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) HDMI

Hey thanks for suggestion and info. That one is really nice and has good reviews but I was looking at 21" Asus monitor that is half the price but has like 7 newegg customer reviews and the 24" has 580 reviewbut is double the price. Is there a huge difference besides size? I would post link but I am at work on my phone. Thanks in advance. That g skill ram is sold out on a few sites should I wait and watch or are thier alternatives?

Man I wish I knew/could build my own computer parts

Okay awesome since ill have time to browse ill be able to find something nice for a good price. Thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-455

EDIT: just ordered this for the mobo GA-970A-UD3P but neweggs "memory finder" tool displayed only 1 kind of ram is compatible with that mobo but i just assumed something is wrong on thier end. so i bought the gskill in link above. its compatible with that GA-970A-UD3P right?
im just a little shook cause this guy ranted on that review saying how he bought parts that werent compatible and he went past 30 day gaurantee so he could not return. i am trying to completely avoid this situation haha.

Last edited:
Back