• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I sometimes forget to bench something and sell it ... like I had 2x GTX670 but I benched it only in SLI before I sold it.
Some old cards are pain because of drivers and some system updates. Newer drivers are not working with older OC soft or new motherboards don't like old pcie 1.1 cards.
Last time when I was trying to bench X300 cards then on Z87 or X79 boards I had black screen no matter if I used D-Sub or DVI. Somehow there are less issues with older nvidia cards.

I don't know who did it but they are invited to join in on the next warm Saturday.

the grading people should be done cleaning my driveway (rally course) next week so if your in north Georgia you might want to stick to the main roads!!!!!

I don't know who did it but they are invited to join in on the next warm Saturday.

the grading people should be done cleaning my driveway (rally course) next week so if your in north Georgia you might want to stick to the main roads!!!!!

I read somewhere about a man using his flametrower to clear out the snow because he was simply “fed up with battling the elements” and that he did not possess the willpower necessary to move “four billion tons of white bull sh*t.”

vERY iNEBRIATED mEMBER...hmmm

coincidence? I think not.:clap:

Well, I was sitting around having a few beers trying to decide how to mount my NB HS to my TNT2 GPU. So I had a few more. Then I thought about it and had a couple more. After just 1 or 2 more I think I finally figured it out. LOL

Beer + disposable hardware = Rodeo Clown Ingenuity (R.C.I.)

13885028955_28c414369c_c.jpg Untitled by Blaylock123, on Flickr

Thinking about loading a 5 gallon bucket with ice water and putting my rad in it to see how far I can go.

I would say I would think about it over a beer but caddi daddi beat me to that idea. lol

I did some more putzen today, I tried once to get a high reference clock for the bot but I kept failing at 326 got a couple of pointers a while back from Woomack and finally tried today and got to 380 on the CHV-z http://valid.canardpc.com/w5wypt

View attachment 142160

Ya gotta love the clowns Bobert theys makes me laugh

Share the knowledge.

Higher CPU NB voltages with a raised NB voltage?

Anyone interested in going cold, that is on our benching team, should post in the benching team area. We have loaner pots. They might need a little detective work to find out where they are at, but we do have them.

I still need to get on the team. Guess Ill add that to my to do list.

if you have it, bench it.I even run a 5450 in the oveclocktgon!!!!
(you should see the guys with the 780's cower)

Share the knowledge.

Higher CPU NB voltages with a raised NB voltage?

I still need to get on the team. Guess Ill add that to my to do list.

I used 2x2G sticks of ram set very low and loose, dropped the CPU, CPU_NB and HT multi back about as far as it would go and was able to boot into windows at 330 FSB. Then I used AISuite to go the rest of the way. As you raise the Reference clock your minimum supported mem, NB and HT frequencies also rise so you have to set timings and voltages accordingly. It takes a lot of trial and crashing but in the en I'm certain my CPU_NB volts were well over 1.55v.
I think the biggest difference this time was a bit more patience. Probably about 2-3 hours worth.

I used 2x2G sticks of ram set very low and loose, dropped the CPU, CPU_NB and HT multi back about as far as it would go and was able to boot into windows at 330 FSB. Then I used AISuite to go the rest of the way. As you raise the Reference clock your minimum supported mem, NB and HT frequencies also rise so you have to set timings and voltages accordingly. It takes a lot of trial and crashing but in the en I'm certain my CPU_NB volts were well over 1.55v.
I think the biggest difference this time was a bit more patience. Probably about 2-3 hours worth.

I see.

I just figured out how strong my ram was 2 days ago. It's nothing special 1866 CL10. But with a slight bump in voltage it will carry the timings out to almost 2100 without issue and not go over 1.60 volts.

When I get some time I am going to pull my bay res out and put it in a 5 gallon bucket with ice and cold water to see how far it will drop temps.

if you have it, bench it.I even run a 5450 in the oveclocktgon!!!!
(you should see the guys with the 780's cower)

Ill just leave this here. :D

Attachments

• 5280.jpg
    5280.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 36
  • 5330.jpg
    5330.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 63505200.jpg
    63505200.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 36
So in total.

8350 & 6350

8150 & 6200

The 6200 was pretty much dead. Anything beyond this and it would crash. Even out to 1.55 volts.

Attachments

• 815049.jpg
    815049.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 620048.jpg
    620048.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 33
Back