• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me Overclock my Barton 2800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikeypr

Please can anyone tell me where find the info to Unlock/Overclock my AMD BARTON 2800+ CPU on an Asus A7N8x E Deluxe M/B

I have heard about looping wire around pins, but cant find the details anywhere.

How do I unlock my multiplier?

Many Thanks

Mike

Last edited:
If your chip is locked there's no way of unlocking it. Your current multiplier is x12.5, on your motherboard, you will probably max it out before you max out the chip. So just start upping that FSB...

How do i up the FSB?

How do I up the FSB do i need to mod the CPU?

Can you point me in any direction for detailed instructions I'm new to this.

Thanks for a speedy reply.

Mike

the fsb is in ur bios.
when u post here its very helpful to everyone if u list ur full system specs so the folks know how best to help u.
check out the overclocking faq for the basics. its on the forum first page. good luck.

p.s. DONT MESS ROUND IN THE BIOS TIL U READ A LOT!

when you go into the BIOS, the first or second menu should have the overclocking features, set it to manual. and the greyed out FSB (Front Side Bus, External Clock, it can have different labels) will become available. It is supposed to be set to 166MHz on your chip by default.
What is the RAM you have? I thought you have the A7V8X, which is a VIA board. On nF2 board you should be able to at least get 210MHz FSB, which might requiere you to lower multiplier. If your chip is locked then no modding will help, if its unlocked, you just lower it in the BIOS.
You will not need any modding to the chip.
Also something you should make sure is that you run your RAM in sync with the FSB, meaning the RAM Speed ratio should be 1:1 with the FSB, same speed. I'm not too sure how it looks/called in the BIOS of your board but it shouldn't be too hard to spot.

All you need is your multiplyer at 11 x and your FSB at 200 . If so you have a XP3200+

I have a XP2800+ on a A7N8X and have it a 2300mhz vcore 1.72v

Good luck.

I'm not sure that the wire loop trick from toms hardware will work for you. Bartons used to be unlocked, meaning you could change the Multiplier from the bios, but they have been changed and are now locked. The trick on toms hardware is made to work on unlocked chips, where the bios and motherboard doesn't have the appropriate features to change the multiplier to the lower ones.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244237&highlight=barton+unlock

I'm not sure on any of this. I have a 2800+ on an NF7-S, and it will run happily with any multiplier I feal like. On the other hand my friend has a newer 2500+ on an A7N8X and he can't get his multi to budge.

Good luck anyway, at least you can still run your FSB for all it's worth.

if you are in bios to get t the fron bus menu it is the second one over and the second one down and there you can change the front bus, voltage, mem speed, mem volt, mult if it si not locked hope this helps

Back