• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIS H677FN1GD Radeon HD 6770 1GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travle

I built a new computer last week. I bought the video card as listed in the title. What i'm trying to do is get it overclocked right. I have AMD's newest drivers installed and i also have AMD's Vision Engine Control Center to overclock it because its suppose to be an easy process and i've never overclocked. The problem is i have overclocked it in the Vision Engine Control Center from 850MHz Core Clock to 950MHz and the Memory clock i took from 1200MHz to 1435MHz. When i run a benchmark like 3D Mark11 the Vision Engine Control Center says my Core clock never goes over 850MHz and memory never gets over 1200MHz. I have ran 3 different benchmarks with it at factory clock and with it overclocked to what i stated. On every benchmark i see absolutely no improvement, and even on the Heaven benchmark with it at factory clock my score was 1 point better. I have read if you overclock passed 900MHz you have to up the GPU voltage. AMD Overdrive program said my GPU voltage was at 1.2. Help needed to get this overclocked right and with some kind of improvement when overclocked.

My System Specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition--overclocked from 3.2MHz to 3.6Mhz
MSI 970A-G45 motherboard
Video card listed in title
PNY 8Gigs Ram at 1066
Diablotek 600watt PSU
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 32MB buffer

Last edited:
Hello Travle, welcome to the OC forums. You should read some of the stickies that members here have created to help first timers such as yourself. Many of them have made some great guides, and I encourage you to look at them. Right off the bat I would suggest that you don't push the memory clock that high until you know what your card can handle at stock voltage. clock it down and do 5-10 mhz increments. Second I know this sounds silly but you should make sure that you click apply after tweaking settings in catalyst control center, otherwise download MSI Afterburner (latest version) and use that to modify/save your tweaks. Also, I would check with HIS or other people owning the card to see if there was some sort of restriction imposed on the card's BIOS. HIS might provide an overclock tweaking program, but I would stick with the aforementioned MSI Afterburner. Third I would monitor your temps, and be mindful not to let them get out of control. Adjust fan speed accordingly. From your specs list I see that you have attempted a light overclock on your 955. Just remember not to assume that you can jump 400 mhz right off the bat without some settings being changed. The same methodology should be applied to your video card. Good luck!

Last edited:
First don't use CCC/AMD VECC.

MSI afterburner seems to be the most common on this forum, don't quote me on that though.

1. Set the clocks back to defaults.
2. Install MSI afterburner.
3. Overclock
4. Test. My favorite way to test a GPU OC is simply gaming, as long as it works in game I could careless about 3Dmark...etc. However gaming doesn't stress the card as much as benchmarks.

As with all overclocks(GPU and CPU alike) start small and work your way up and typically you can't plug in someones clocks and get the same results.

With all that said, I rarely overclock GPUs. The gain isn't that significant imo, especially with a low end 6770. Better off buying a better card if you want significant results.

well i just searched 3DMark11 benchmark scores for my video card and with a AMD Phenom II x4 945 people were getting scores of around 3200-3300. I have the same video card with a AMD Phenom II x4 955 and i'm only getting a score of 2723. Somethings not right just by going off of that.

dkizzy i didn't overclock my processor myself. My motherboard's BIOS has an overclock feature that auto tunes to the maximum stable MHz and adjust the settings accordingly.

i took yalls advice and got the MSI Afterburner. I now have my Memory clock changing, but no matter what i put my Core Clock at it still stays at 850MHz (the outta the box clock speed).

Last edited:
^^^
If you're still running the overclock listed in the OP, you GPU RAM may not be stable. If that card uses GDDR5, an unstable memory clock will result in slower GPU performance as the card attempts to correct any errors.

You may also want to run OCCT to see if your CPU overclock is stable. Use HWiNFO64 to monitor voltages & temps. If your CPU is overheating (AMD's tend to top out around 60C IIRC) it will throttle, reducing performance.

For Afterburner, you may need to enable overvoltage (but don't change it) in settings, close afterburner, and after reloading the application then try overclocking.

thanks i got it all worked out now. for some reason it was only over clocking the memory, but once i unchecked Enable AMD Overdrive in the CCC it now over clocks the core and memory. I am using Afterburner. Now i'm just trying to find a stable core and memory clock with the best benchmark score.

Hello Travle , i have exaktly the same H677FN1GD and destroyed bios with radeon bios editor... and i have no backup His would not send me any bios ... there is no way to find this bios for the 6770 from His H677FN1GD plz can u send me a backup from yours?

Hello Travle , i have exaktly the same H677FN1GD and destroyed bios with radeon bios editor... and i have no backup His would not send me any bios ... there is no way to find this bios for the 6770 from His H677FN1GD plz can u send me a backup from yours?

Check TechPowerUp's VGA BIOS database:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Sort by your card and manufacturer and you will be able to find a proper BIOS for your card. Check google for W1zzard's instructions for atiwinflash.

Is there a PCB/cooler difference between the two cards, or is it just a difference in warranty?

I really dont know what kind of difference there is. The Radeon HD 6700 H677FN1GD from HIS is a little bit shorter ;)
I mean i Am an Google God but i cant even find any Bios working 4 my card the screen stays black i Use an old Pci Card 4 upgrading my Radeon ... :(

hey Elbisivni i'd be happy to help you out, but you're going to have to tell me how to get that bios without damaging it because i've never really fooled around with video cards

hey Elbisivni i'd be happy to help you out, but you're going to have to tell me how to get that bios without damaging it because i've never really fooled around with video cards

oh nice your my best man your open gpu Z and there is an small symbol next to the Bios Version. Klick on that icon and then save bios to file . Thats it you gonna really help me man ;)

thx a lot

lol @ the other one poster i was playing bf3 @ high settings with eyfinity and minimum was 18 Frames ... and min 45 frames overclocked ... can somebody tell me how this is possible when i get the 850 mhz core to 845 it runs bf3 with 45 frames ...

Last edited:
Hi there!

I've bricked today my HIS 6770 Fan 1GB GDDR5 by flashing incorrect .rom file! And didn't make a copy of an old one!

Does anybody still have it?
I'm looking for the one for HIS H6770FN1GD.

Elbisivni, travle - can you help me, please?
I've written to HIS support, but don't believe they send it to me (read somewhere, tey don't)...

You're my hope and my Radeon's future! ;)

write me a message, I'll give you my e-mail address, if needed.

THANKS and REGARDS!

Back