• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is Quake still so much fun?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why on earth would Quake need SLI... lol

Agreed on Quake Live, they took Q3TA and made it browser compatible, and now it's a standalone. Doing great so far.

lol, its a good game thats how i got my aiming skills ( i dont think i can aim anymore now :D)

go to the space open map, put all bots on free for all, get a rail gun, KILL THEM ALL ! i killed them while jumping from the far platform back too , mostly while jumping, but sadly i never really learnd how to strafe good xD

I played Quake when it first came out in software mode, on a Cyrix 5x86 120. Back then it was great, but I can't see playing it now, with its low polygon count models and wooden animation sequences.

I played Quake when it first came out in software mode, on a Cyrix 5x86 120. Back then it was great, but I can't see playing it now, with its low polygon count models and wooden animation sequences.

I played it on a Pentium 75 with 16MB of RAM. Software mode.
Those were the days... Couldn't manage more than like 240P resolution hehe.

Back