• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build your own printer cable LCD Display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Put a link at the top to the original and then PM me for a stick. ;)

edited ti so it has link so can it now be made into sticky ( i hope so as ill b prowd)

Phil

PHILIP1193 said:
edited ti so it has link so can it now be made into sticky ( i hope so as ill b prowd)

Phil

Edited properly.

I hope you can understand the "why's" of me editing the post as I did.

I've no problem with making this a "sticky" at this point (and will, to give the original author his due respect).

Mr B

Forums Moderator
Staff Writer, www.overclockers.com

Ok sorry about the hassle you may have got about this i did however email the maker of the article and say about this thread but how ever if it breaking the law then fine and i am pleased you have edited it, to cover your own back!

SORRY once gain if any laws have been broken or issues you may have got from this thread

Phil

Last edited:
PHILIP1193 said:
Ok sorry about the hassle you may have got about this i did however email the maker of the article and say about this thread but how ever if it breaking the law then fine and i am pleased you have edited it, to cover your own back!

SORRY once gain if any laws have been broken or issues you may have got from this thread

Phil

No problem Phil... ;) That's how we learn.

In fact, one of my first posts on these boards was a "D00dz, ya can get SiSoft Sandra 2000 Pro at XXXXXXXXXX" (a warez site).

That's how I learned not to do that LOL. It also shows how long I've been here (considering it was new when I posted it...:p )

The fellow "down under" wasn't irate about your thread, but quite insistant things be "changed". ;)

Brian

id just like to let you know that i just bought a lcd sceen and i am going to make this my self ill take pics and maybe make my own personal version of how to do it!! ::clap::

Phil

PHILIP1193 said:
id just like to let you know that i just bought a lcd sceen and i am going to make this my self ill take pics and maybe make my own personal version of how to do it!! ::clap::

Phil
That's great news :D If you need any help, just let me know. I wired my Seiko LCD...

well i need help gettin the program to work the one that lets the lcd communicate with the lcd display via the parralel port? i need a driver that works i tryed i lots of them did u do yours via a parallel port or serial??

Phil

I can't get the link to work. So I can't see the actual guide. I can't even get on to Overclockers AU to see the guide. Any other good guides to making a Printer Cable LCD Display? I went out and bought a nice 20x4 display this morning and now I can't find the stinking guide. Help!!

u need resistors dont try and skinp on things like that it wont work else or if u do u may break lcd display.

NTPORT95 how does this thing work?? all i get is a dll error of some kind im using xp what were u using (it was built for win 95)

Phil

PHILIP1193 said:
u need resistors dont try and skinp on things like that it wont work else or if u do u may break lcd display.

NTPORT95 how does this thing work?? all i get is a dll error of some kind im using xp what were u using (it was built for win 95)

Phil
I was on XP Pro...

Some guides say you only need the resistors if you want to be able to control the contrast and brightness. So I'm confused about LCD pins 15 and 16 if I don't want to be able to control these?

ClarkKent said:
Some guides say you only need the resistors if you want to be able to control the contrast and brightness. So I'm confused about LCD pins 15 and 16 if I don't want to be able to control these?
Ok, you need resistors for a LED backlight only... I don't have any resistors on my LCD, but I'm using a custom EL Panel backlight...

Back