• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pladoshop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
Anyone heard of Pladoshop.com?

Was searching for 4TB hard drives and stumbled upon This It is a Hitachi 4TB 5400 RPM drive for cheaper than I can find anywhere. My issue is I have never heard of that site ever, and according to wscheck, the site is only 18 days old and is hosted in Russia.

Avoid. New website. Absolutely NO information on where they are located. Hidden DNS information based in Panama. No reviews positive or negative anywhere.

Code:
Domain Name: PLADOSHOP.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1845767576_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2014-02-07 11:10:33Z
[COLOR=Red]Creation Date: 2014-02-07 19:10:00Z[/COLOR]

Yeah, I wasn't going to buy from there anyways, would have only been really been tempting if I hadn't already paid for my 4TB drives from newegg.

Anyone heard of Pladoshop.com?

Was searching for 4TB hard drives and stumbled upon This It is a Hitachi 4TB 5400 RPM drive for cheaper than I can find anywhere. My issue is I have never heard of that site ever, and according to wscheck, the site is only 18 days old and is hosted in Russia.

Why not buy? Do you realize the vast level of protection that you have by purchasing using your credit card?

1 call and you can chargeback an amount even in the Thousands... with zero effort.

If i had a dollar for everytime I heard how a buyer abused this power to scam a legit seller I would be rich...

Ima be honest.. i buy from sites like this all the time. 80% of the time I get what I ordered. The other 20% of the time i get gipped i take 30 seconds out of my day to call up Visa and start a dispute.

You have so much protection from your CC that you would be shocked...

I got screwed on a purchase from Alibaba.com (after 2 previous succesful purchases from the same vendor)

MY CC chargebacked the vendor in Shen Zhen... I had my funds back in 48 hours.

I don't understand why people are so afraid to call a real person and ask for a dispute / chargeback on your CC.

I'd rather not give them any credit card / debit card information at all as risk of them just using it anywhere. It is a PITA to go through getting a new debit card because of something like this when it is easy to avoid. I honestly can't believe someone would actually suggest to buy from an obviously sketchy website.

Edit: to top it all off, the site isn't even in existence any longer.

Back