• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny NEWEGG reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Found another one. Was looking at server boards just because Im bored, and found this. I dont know if this has any impact, but notice how under CPU type, it says "OPTERON" Now take a look at the reviews. Not finding it? Heres a hint: Look at the Cons of the second review. Still not getting it? HE TRIED TO PUT AN X2 6000+ EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS FOR OPTERONS. I thought it was funny. And if it would work, tell me, I dont do mobos :)

freakdiablo said:
And if it would work, tell me, I dont do mobos :)

Should work. It is socket AM2, and you can get Semperons, Athlons, and Opterons that will fit.

Number 4 and 5 reviews down are fake. Good reads - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16814161150

N/A
Tech Level: high
Ownership: more than 1 year

4/15/2007 11:57:38 AM

Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 One Monster of a Card

Pros: I needed an upgrade from my 8800GTX SLI Setup and this was it. The difference is like night and day. I took my 8800's and just tossed em out my window, seeing as how I can run ALL my games, including Crysis at 3560x2280 with 32xAA/AF with a single 7000. This thing will last me at least 5 more years.

Cons: NONE

6 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Did you?
[quote\]

73hPwnx!!

4/13/2007 8:14:05 AM

Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 Awasome Card

Pros: This is one sick card. It lets me play oblivion maxed out, 3560x2280 - with 16xAA/AF. Runs like a dream on my Cyrix Cx5x86 beats out any pentium 1 or any conroe out there. Loads up fast with its 64mb memory and my dual floppy drives.

Cons: Only runs DX7, and a bit hot, mind you with a slight OC.

Other Thoughts: Best buy here, deal of the year. AAAAA++++++++=+++++ Stars!1!!!!!1!1!ONE!!!1ELEVEN!!!1!!!!!111!
[quote\]

Number 4 and 5 reviews down are fake. Good reads - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16814161150

N/A

4/15/2007 11:57:38 AM

Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 One Monster of a Card

Pros: I needed an upgrade from my 8800GTX SLI Setup and this was it. The difference is like night and day. I took my 8800's and just tossed em out my window, seeing as how I can run ALL my games, including Crysis at 3560x2280 with 32xAA/AF with a single 7000. This thing will last me at least 5 more years.

Cons: NONE

6 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Did you?

73hPwnx!!

4/13/2007 8:14:05 AM

Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 Awasome Card

Pros: This is one sick card. It lets me play oblivion maxed out, 3560x2280 - with 16xAA/AF. Runs like a dream on my Cyrix Cx5x86 beats out any pentium 1 or any conroe out there. Loads up fast with its 64mb memory and my dual floppy drives.

Cons: Only runs DX7, and a bit hot, mind you with a slight OC.

Other Thoughts: Best buy here, deal of the year. AAAAA++++++++=+++++ Stars!1!!!!!1!1!ONE!!!1ELEVEN!!!1!!!!!111!

dogbert_2001 said:

Pros: good spacious drive

Cons: 232 GB with NTFS formatting

Other Thoughts: much faster than my older PATA drive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros: Excellent Hard drive! Quiet, joined Raid with no problems

Cons: none

Other Thoughts: Definately worth the purchase!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros: I OCed this cable to 4.33GHz with a 5v vcore and it runs at 13°C! DO NOT THINK, BUY!

Cons: Does not come with HSF or zip ties.

Other Thoughts: This my neighbor. I buy motherboard, he buy motherboard. I buy CPU, he buy CPU. I buy GENERIC 18" 2-Head Red SATA (SERIAL ATA 150) Cable Model SERIAL ATA 18 - OEM, he cannot afford. Big success.

Pros: When working correctly loads OS quickly, SATA

Cons: Noisy like the old HDD, sometimes when booting up drive makes a click sound and takes 5min to load win xp.

Other Thoughts: Software tests show that it is indeed faster than my 7200 drive when using a software benchmark but overall windows usage has not shown a big enough performance leap for me to even tell.

Last edited:
EmAn said:
Pros: I OCed this cable to 4.33GHz with a 5v vcore and it runs at 13°C! DO NOT THINK, BUY!

Cons: Does not come with HSF or zip ties.

Other Thoughts: This my neighbor. I buy motherboard, he buy motherboard. I buy CPU, he buy CPU. I buy GENERIC 18" 2-Head Red SATA (SERIAL ATA 150) Cable Model SERIAL ATA 18 - OEM, he cannot afford. Big success.

Pros: When working correctly loads OS quickly, SATA

Cons: Noisy like the old HDD, sometimes when booting up drive makes a click sound and takes 5min to load win xp.

Other Thoughts: Software tests show that it is indeed faster than my 7200 drive when using a software benchmark but overall windows usage has not shown a big enough performance leap for me to even tell.

those two are my personal favorites

found this on hardforum

fishkiller.jpg

Oh looool, I was looking at ordering a new array of raptors and saw this review...

Izze
Tech Level: average
Ownership: 1 week to 1 month 6/26/2007 9:11:09 AM 150 GB my eye

Pros: It's 10,000 rpm!

Cons: The two different HDs that I got both only had 131 GB...C'mon! My 250 GB drive is only off by 12 at 238GB, I paid a lot of money for this HD and got ganked with the amount of space missing, I understand that sectors go bad, but 19 gig in a 150? That's over the regular ratios I believe. Anyway, since I got two in a row, Newegg just refunded me.

Other Thoughts: I'm bummed I didn't get a drive that actually had 150 GB or at least something close to it. I was really looking forward to it, even if it was pretty expensive

Yeah, half the people on Newegg don't realize these 2 things:

1. Windows XP SP1 or earlier limits you to something like 127GB.

2. Windows uses a different calculation system than the manufacturers. Windows uses binary, manufacturers use decimal. I probably ranted about this somewhere else on these forums too. :rolleyes:

And that's why I don't trust Newegg reviews.

Just really cracked me up... I'm suprised newegg actually accepted that as a defective unit. Their people must not know anything either.

Well, they're customer support reps. Their job is to help customers make returns, not to give tech support. If they wanted tech support, they'd come to OCF. :p

some_guy_on_newegg said:
Pros: This is an amazing processor if you do actually do multitasks. (How many people really do this, and how much time do you really save?) But if you’re a gamer, and that’s your main area of expertise, I would stay away form this.

Cons: This is my very 1st Intel processor, and I can honestly say that I am very disappointed. I read the reviews, not only in new egg, but other online sites, and magazines, expecting to get this blazing fast Intel processor that blows everything away. I just bought a new computer, (see specs below) with windows Vista, and the very 1st thing I did was D/L all 3 of the FutureMark3d programs. I was about to cry when I was watching the CPU tests during the Mark3d-03 progress. My average FPS for just the CPU test was a lousy 60, for a 2003 graphic engine. In the 2005 test, I was about to go to the bathroom, scoring a 35 FPS for the CPU, and I am not going to mention the 2006 test. My old Athlon 3200+ in the CPU tests scored much lower, mind you that; the processor was FIVE YEARS OLD!

Other Thoughts: People are giving these processors 5 stars for it speed, and its easy overclock ability. But I say this; IT’S ONLY A 2.4GHz. Yeah it has 4MB cache, big deal. AMD’s dual core processor that’s rated at 2.4Ghz is only 125 bucks, for the 64 x2 4600. AND IF IT IS SO EASY TO OVERCLOCK AND SO STABLE WHY ISNT IT RUNING STOCK AT, LETS SAY 2.8-3.0Ghz? If you’re strictly a gamer like me, and afraid to ruin or damage your computer to make it a little bit faster, and kill your warranty, get the AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ which is running at a stock 2.8Ghz for the exact same price, yeah you lose the multitasking a little bit, but you don’t have to “overclock it to make it faster” for single processes like for gaming. If you’re thinking about getting this, please think again if your mainly a gamer; or IM me at “thejuiceisback” Here are my specs: Windows Vista, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, Apevia 600W PSU, Asus P5N32-E nForce 680i, 1GB PC6400 DDR2/ Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory, NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB

he is running vista with 1gb of ram and complaining about the processor being slow

powmax yet again:

Pros: It was a 450W power supply.

Cons: I turned on my computer. It was on for 20 minutes. Then it shut off by itself. I tried to turn it on again and it actually blew flames out the back and my house smelled like burnt electronics for 4 days.

----------------

Pros: CHEAP but you get what you pay for!

Cons: POWMAX could be a very successful popcorn company. Thats usually what happens with their power supplies, they go POP.

Other Thoughts: Over a 3 year period some POWMAX towers I've sold are on their third power supply.

Last edited:
EmAn said:
he is running vista with 1gb of ram and complaining about the processor being slow

lol at that review, what a dumbass..i experienced more then double the perfomance switching from my 4600+ clocked at 2.6ghz to a e6420 @ 3.2ghz(yeah its 3.5ghz now but not then)

and its great for gaming :)

Back