• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TeraByte Image Single Click Partition Restore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you are already invested in Ghost or Acronis in terms of money and previous backups, it would be very hard to change. I've used Acronis for a number of years now and I keep using it because all my old backups are in .tib format.

ShadowProtect Desktop

Unlike Acronis True Image or Paragon Backup & Recovery, this program has never failed me once in years.This version supports Windows 2000, XP and Vista 64 bit.I use it on Windows 7 64, and it works perfect.Recovery also works flawlessly.This does not have all the new fancy features of the 2013 programs, but it's dependable for making a back-up image.This is the desktop version.They also make server and business editions. I might even consider the newer version that supports Windows 8.Then again I hate Windows 8, but the classic shell would solve that problem.My favorite feature is the time it takes to make a back-up or using the restore feature.Less then 5 minutes on both ends.

*Disclaimer- This program will set you back 85 dollars.My friend has is own pc business, and gave me a licensed copy of this years ago_One of the best programs I never payed for :) I might fork out the cash for ShadowProtect Desktop Edition 4.2. because I love dependability.

This info is based on ShadowProtect Desktop Edition 3.3 The new version covers alot more.

This program will backup an entire volume, and save it as a proprietary file.I just used a image file recently.

1.Had a freshly formatted main drive. *I also had to switch from achi to ide mode in bios, to boot off recovery disc.

2. I booted shadow protect recovery disc to start the recovery program.Once the program started, I directed the restore function to the image file I had on another drive, and started the recovery process. Backup / restore locations ? Network drives, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, SCSI, USB, or FireWire, CD/DVD/Blu-Ray

3.After my Win764 back-up image was restored.I did a restart, then booted into the bios, and changed settings back to achi.Then booted into windows normally.I love the interface of this program.A 5 year old could navigate the menus.

Features: ShadowProtect Desktop Edition 3.3

Bootable CD to create / restore point-in-time backup
Full system bare metal recovery
Restore to dissimilar hardware (P2P,P2V,V2P)
Base point-in-time backup / restore
Read-only or read-write point-in-time backup
Mount and view backup for folder and file recovery or update
Verify backup images
Point-in-time backup with compression and encryption
Backup FAT, FAT32, NTFS volumes
ExactState Backup ? Image entire system or individual volume(s)
Backup / restore locations ? Network drives, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, SCSI, USB, or FireWire, CD/DVD/Blu-Ray
Online backup - Entire system or individual volume(s)
Incremental point-in-time backup
Only create incrementals after the initial full backup
Auto Consolidation of base and incremental point-in-time backups into intra daily,weekly, and monthly backups
Schedule base and incremental backup events
Event logging and reporting
Remote system recovery
Scripting and command-line support
Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) aware

Last edited:
Back