• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tried to reinstall win 7 on my moms laptop - it won't work, need help/suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its installing now, your suggestion worked. I hope it can shut down properly after. I'll tell you how it turns out.

After working on campus in computer support, where we primarily installed Windows 7 for people, I found that a lot of computers that had issues with the disk responded well to a USB or Network installer.

It looks to be a success. I just need to make sure the drivers are in there and I think its good to go. It also shuts down and powers up fine. Thanks so much for your help.

My computer seems to be working fine even though I didn't install any drivers. Upon starting the desktop for the first time, the graphics drivers downloaded from windows updates. Does this mean that my win 7 ultimate iso already had all the drivers on there? I don't know if I need to go to the lenovo website and install say the mouse drivers or sound or any of those kinds.

Pull up the device manager and see if everything is accounted for.

everything looks to be there except under "other devices" it says "unknown device" and "usb2.0 - crw". But below it lists the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" as a device.

You'll have to go one by one through the Lenovo drivers then. Look for things like card readers and bluetooth, they're normal culprits. Also, the touchpad is commonly missing its driver.

yea the touch pad and card reader may have not been on the list. I'll try loading those drivers in soon.

I installed the touch pad and the card reader. The unknown device remains but it may be the bluetooth which we're not using anyway.

My mom says thanks btw. Her and my sister are thrilled. Thanks from me too :)

Last edited:
Back