• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIP II not enough for e7200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Well,
I'm currently running my e7200 @ 3.8 (400x9.5) with 1.300vCore BIOS // 1.280vDroop and getting temps up to 49 ~ 50C...it tends to drop down to 45 ~ 50C here and there. Is the BIP II not enough for my CPU? I have a Yate Loon High and a high speed panaflo on it now.

I hated myblack ice rad... what fans are you using on it? nm you said LOL Need lots of pressure and high CFM for it. The panaflo should be good yates are highly recommended because they run well at lower voltage not because they are really great fans.. so I gather. I do not believe they have the pressure needed for a bip rad,
the panaflo.. .dpends on the model but it should have the pressure required... get a second that should help.

Sounds like it isn't making full contact or there is something else going on. That radiator should handle a quad.

yah corey makes a good point. Check contact, and also.. what does the rest of your loop consist off (blocks and pump)

new/used vinegar bathed?

BIPII is more then enough for a dual core...those temps are about 20c lower then what i get on air with my ninja and denkis on 6v. im running the same speed but only use 1.28v to be stable. To me your temps look fine but then im prolly the :screwy: one here...

Sounds like it isn't making full contact or there is something else going on. That radiator should handle a quad.

Hmm...this is the first time I mounted it, used a small bb size dab right in the middle of the CPU as usual.

yah corey makes a good point. Check contact, and also.. what does the rest of your loop consist off (blocks and pump)

new/used vinegar bathed?

Just a res & MCP655 - oh the block is Apogee GT...I took it apart and scrubbed it out before I even used it, some metal shavings in there...

BIPII is more then enough for a dual core...those temps are about 20c lower then what i get on air with my ninja and denkis on 6v. im running the same speed but only use 1.28v to be stable. To me your temps look fine but then im prolly the :screwy: one here...

Hmm I'm up to 1.296vDroop...Prime95 failed on core 0 in 30 minutes. Right now I'm sitting at 48C on both cores full loaded...

I'm wondering if Yate Loon High's in PUSH/PULL would help? I'm not wanting to go and drop 50$ in fans....I know the yates are dirt cheap.

e7200_400x9.5_Load.jpg

I'm noticing they fluctuate a lot...usually between 45 ~ 50C.

what is the cpuvtt and other settings? you may just need a touch more cpuv or cpuvtt to be stable.

All other voltages are stock...VVT = 1.50v

I've heard with 45nm chips not to go any higher than 1.60v on the VVT - and yes it was one bump up, like....1/8th of a .1v lol.

I hate the BB method, I take a razor blade and spread an extremely thin layer completely over the cpu. For best contact I lapped both my waterblock and processor with that wet sandpaper kit. I use a BIPII with my processor in the loop and I usually get like a few degrees above ambient.

Yeah that's how stock was...Idle was 28C, load was 32C...I guess a re-mount is in order once I'm off work.

No need to spend another 50 bucks in fans...

You can find panaflos pretty cheap in the forums. one more should cover the rad just fine, sure pushpull is better but not enough better to make it worth spending that much money.

Best bet is to install the thicker gasket on your block. Supposed to make a big differnce.

That VTT is only one bump up? thats crazy.

EDIT: For c2d its not a BB its a line of thermal paste

No need to spend another 50 bucks in fans...

You can find panaflos pretty cheap in the forums. one more should cover the rad just fine, sure pushpull is better but not enough better to make it worth spending that much money.

Best bet is to install the thicker gasket on your block. Supposed to make a big differnce.

That VTT is only one bump up? thats crazy.

EDIT: For c2d its not a BB its a line of thermal paste

Hmmm...I thought it was a line for quads. High Speed Yates are only like $3.50 a fan so it's pretty cheap to push/pull with 88cfm. I'm going to have to remount with a line instead to see if that makes the difference.

All other voltages are stock...VVT = 1.50v

I've heard with 45nm chips not to go any higher than 1.60v on the VVT - and yes it was one bump up, like....1/8th of a .1v lol.

well my setting is mch =1.33v cpuvtt=1.21v, so your using more cpuvtt then i think you need to be using, possibly up NB-V one notch.

*edit*
zig, i double checked but i didnt see you post what board your using...

Small update...425x9.5....1.368vDroop...temps no higher than 56C.....

Edit: 58C now....gonna remount.

well my setting is mch =1.33v cpuvtt=1.21v, so your using more cpuvtt then i think you need to be using, possibly up NB-V one notch.

*edit*
zig, i double checked but i didnt see you post what board your using...

Oh my bad, I didn't see this post. I didn't mean VVT, I mean't CPU PLL is 1.5, VVT is set to STOCK, which is...wait a minute, what is ASUS's version of VVT?

I'm running a P5k Deluxe Wifi.

DSC00010.JPG

Thats what it looked like when i pulled it off, BB method

Last edited:
I think you are putting too much paste. I prefer to be able to see the metal in both the block and cpu.

Try the line or a smaller BB... i use the grain of rice method (jasmine) :)

Good luck,

bryan d

Hmm well the line I used is way more than the BB...guess I'll try a grain of rice size.

I'm having temp issues now majorly...my OC has hit instability 30 minutes into prime95 on core 0...temps hit about 60C then it fails. I have 2 yate meds sitting on it now...would better fans help? or is it my rad heh.

We've already determined that with said parts, you shouldn't be failing at those temps, or have lower temps. It more than likely is your mounting of the WB that is causing issues. If that's the case, then adding fans/rads/pumps will help very little. Thats like putting a V8 on a lawnmower w/1" wide tires - you can't put that power to use.

So far I'm on my 5th remount, temps haven't changed, wtf :(

MAYBE...just MAYBE...excess tubing? I don't have it setup in my case yet...so I got about 8ft of tubing just running all over.

i think that would be it then, thats alot of tubing...

Hmm...f word...you gotta see my ghettoness. You all will be ashamed of me.

http://www.distantnexus.net/images/misc/DSC00004.JPG

http://www.distantnexus.net/images/misc/DSC00009.JPG

Plus more under that crate...I didn't know tubing affects it that much.

I got 20ft of 7/16ID 5/8OD coming, as well as 10x 120mm Yate High's coming...ordered from Jab-Tech Yesterday. I bought all the fans for push/pull on 2x 2x120mm radiators and such...better tubing than local hardware bought stuff.

What causes temps to go so high with lots of tubing? Flow rate dropping so much?

Last edited:
Back