• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k/MVE & 3D Benching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're a hwbot boint machine Witchdoctor! Yeah...I tool the lazy (ss/cc) route as ln2 seems such a pita (not using ln2 also lets me spend hours dialing in a cpu, tweaking for particular benchies, step away to perform honeydos, etc).

Not entirely sure what you mean by "you could always use a 1/2" x 2" copper sink under the die"?

I'd like to find a nice block (that I could attach to a phase head) that'd let me run dual-pcb cards cold...I've got to look around...there's got to be something like that already out there.

Can't wait to get the cooling back! Yeah..the 2500 and 3930 should be good for a couple boints here and there. I'm all revved up with no place to go hehe

Just a copper block.

you can cut them to fit a CPU, with the extra mass it helps hold temps especially using single stage units as you know Primes and even Vantage CPU tests puts the hammer down and tests the staying power of the evaporator head.

Just about any fabricator in the area probably stocks different thicknesses

I use my SS to dial in CPUs for settings and such, then go cold for benching.

I am sure you will be grabbing a pot soon enough, it gets to the point where you are so close and there is only one thing that will get you there :)

As far as the dual head I do not think I have ever seen anything like that for an SS

Good luck and hope you get your units back quickly

Attachments

• Copper.jpg
    Copper.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 39
Ahhh...gotcha! Thanks for the clarification

Trying to hold off on ln2 (at least for now...so much other stuff going on atm). A nyc bencher wants to get together for a ln2 session so actually experiencing it may push me across the threshold hehe

Got an email...cascade should be back to me next week. He hasn't worked on the ss yet...thinks it may have a dead compressor :( Guess that means I'll be doing some 775/cascade binning/benching

PS- Wicked hwbot profile there Witchdoctor! wow! Congrats on your latest cup achievement!

Thanks,

yea they can help hold temp for the real demanding benches

Where in Jersey do you live ?

I am in Lancaster PA, about an hour and a half from the Jersey Line.

Looking at getting a 230 liter container for July. You are welcome to come over and do some benching. Just bring your board, chip and GPU's, I have pots, eraser and all the other stuff. Won't cost you anything but some gasoline

Let me know via PM if you are interested and we can plan something cold for a hot July day.
We can even freeze a grasshopper or two ..... lmao
If not no biggy but the offer is always good.

Looking at getting a 230 liter container for July. You are welcome to come over and do some benching. Just bring your board, chip and GPU's, I have pots, eraser and all the other stuff. Won't cost you anything but some gasoline

Let me know via PM if you are interested and we can plan something cold for a hot July day.
We can even freeze a grasshopper or two ..... lmao
If not no biggy but the offer is always good.

You are awesome Witchdoctor!! Pm sent!! Food and bevs will be on me!

Never pass up free LN2 :D
Jumped right on it...I'm a ho and I love it hehe

Glad you got back to me, We will have a blast and will be scoring boints like they are free ..... :thup:

Figure we can pound on your hardware for the most part to score you some serious boints and then I have a KPE780Ti and an evbot we can beat on for an encore

trust me we won't run out of cards

Attachments

• GPU Storage.JPG
    GPU Storage.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 33
Wow...nice collection! Seriously Witchdoctor...thanks so much for the offer! Even more excited than usual now hehe

Think I'll have to bring some Bobnova'd cards to play with, too. Guessing the cards all need LET or conformal? I need to order some anyway...

Nice tutorial :thup:
I'm only using eraser and paper towels :) ... actually I will try some 3D on cold when I get CPU worth my time.

While dealing with other hardware pitas, decided to 'take a break' and do some more multicard benching.

Leak testing a pair of gtx 295's. Will go after the newer 3D benches using a 3930k.

Think mebbe the thread should be renamed to simply multi-card 3d benching?

Attachments

• 2011-ss-295s.jpg
    2011-ss-295s.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 10
Back