• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live Benching - Get Your Session on the Front Page!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its no biggie. Just hard for me to announce it early since the place I get dice is extremely unreliable.

If your doing 06 use the msi mobo and win free stuff, maybe an entry for MOA 2010 :).
http://www.futuremark.com/community/competitions/lordsofoverclocking2010/

That is the idea, but I could care less about the HW prizes, I'm trying to go to my third world championship :rock:....but it's hinging on whether or not I can get the mobo today (the store had one on the used shelf a couple weeks ago, should have picked it up then).

Matt....still not sure about the mobo, but I think I'll be getting started a bit later than planned. I'm going to shoot for 10pm local which is about 12 noon EST on Wednesday the 30th, the session will hopefully run for about 6 hours.

edit - I've decided I might also work with my 480 GTX a bit more with Vantage.

Last edited:
OK Matt....I found the XPower motherboard, so I will be using that. And I'm still planning to start at 12 noon EST :thup:

Aight y'all, i'll be benching tomorrow!

That's right, Thursday the 1st.
Starting whenever i finish work, that could be any time from 12:30 to 5pm pacific, i estimate 3pm. I'll know with a little bit more accuracy come tomorrow morning.

CPU: i3 540.
GPU: 1x Asus 4890 TOP.
Mobo: Gigabyte P55-UD4P.
Cooling: Dry Ice on the CPU, stock cooler on the 4890.
PSU: Silverstone Strider 1000w.
Focus: SuperPi 1m and 32m, 3d03/05/06. May run WP if i have spare time, may swap GPUs to a x800gto2 if i have spare time.
By "time", i mean "dry ice" :D

CPU: i3 540.
GPU: 1x Asus 4890 TOP.
Mobo: Gigabyte P55-UD4P.
Cooling: Dry Ice on the CPU, stock cooler on the 4890.
PSU: Silverstone Strider 1000w.
Focus: SuperPi 1m and 32m, 3d03/05/06. May run WP if i have spare time, may swap GPUs to a x800gto2 if i have spare time.
By "time", i mean "dry ice" :D

Lets see some 03/05/am3 5.6ghz action!:rock:

Go x800gto2! Lol (that's my card) :D

VID pads have been ID'd, 1.6vcore tested and works. Then i killed it, removed the mod, resurrected it, and pressed it back into service. I'm going to give it a (further) run for it's money, don't worry :D

It'll get some nice 06 scores for sure, stock volts and 4.6ghz cpu it was knocking on the door of boints.
An extra ghz and MOAR VOLTS should help it a lot :rock:

Gotta do the 4890 first though cause i want to sell it and see if i can get two 8800s or something.

EDIT:
Heeeey AM3! Good call, i'll have to do that, too.

There have been technical difficulties getting the stream going, i expect to get it up in the next hour however.

IMOG: Your x800gto2 is about to see action, drivers are installing now :rock:

Totally live RIGHT NOW!

I totally was, for another hour and change, then something died.
The ram slots were wet, and the burnt patch seems to have grown. I suspect it's time for a new(er) board :p

Last edited:
If customs would hurry the hell up I would be benching the hell out of my e8600 by now

I would have done live tonight, but I don't have a cam. :(

Going to be benching cold/ live tomorrow afternoon.
CPU: e8600
GPU: 1x MSI Radeon 5870
Mobo: Foxconn Blackops
Cooling: Dry Ice on the CPU and Northbridge. Lots of fans on everything else
Ram: 2x2gb Mushkin Redlines (8-8-8 @2000mhz)
Focus: SPI, wprime, pifast, Big emphasis on 3dmark 01 and 3dmark 03.
Date: 7/21/10 @ sometime after 1pm est.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up - we'll put a mention on the frontpage and I'll try to get something up in the forums also once you are live. :salute:

Back