• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new Benchmarking type toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have gotten an amd card man...bench better, fold better, and also mine $$$ if need be.
EDIT: Oh, and sell game codes...

I did actually. Got an MSI 7950 TwinFrozer but it wouldn't light up my monitor, not even the POST screen. :-/ Decided to get the 660Ti at that point. :D

First chip I hit 5GHz with. If you've got some good ram and a solid P45 or X48 board, you're in for some fun!

the board i am using is an Asrock G31m-s. it has no options for core voltage. only ram and core clock. the maximum core voltage its pushing it 1.2v.

i need a better board. anyone got a link to one?

EDIT: max core clock i can reach is 3.8ghz. booo.

in case your wondering why i actually got this, its so i can play around with super pi, see how long it lasts in lite coin mining when overclocked, virtual servers, and linux...overclocking?

i also have a E5200 laying around. i tried to overclock it to 4ghz, but i could only reach 3.70ghz...although the most stable clock i could get was 3.50ghz.

ill pick anyboard that i can use to overclock this processor at this point.

EDIT 2: im going to need some more ram too....i only have 1gb of ddr2 800 :(

Last edited:
and now a rampage extreme :attn:

that board costs WAYY too much. i cant afford a board like that either. i dont even have enough ram for it. wish i could get it though :bang head

the only things i got are an Asrock G31M-S and 1gb of ram so i dont think its going to trade well...really sucks when i dont have the money to buy this stuff.

You'll mine enough soon ;)
Keep an eye or two open and check the local classifieds as well as overclock.net, xtremesystems.org, hardforum and anandtech to name a few.
Good luck!

(Ebay has some cheap 775 some times but I don't really like buying from ebay)

no food, cars, houses etc posts and this thread is pretty dead comparing to previous one :p

I was on hwbot site 1 time in last 2 months so literally I made 1 submission for pro team in this time and nothing else. Just nothing interesting to bench so I'm testing only RAM and stuff for reviews. It will probably change when haswell will be released.

I had RipjawsZ 32GB DDR3-2133 9-11-11-31 kit for the weekend but I have to give it back tomorrow. This kit isn't even listed on the G.Skill site. I will add thread with some results later.

i got my NZXT 140mm CASE FAN. its an enthusiast fan though...didnt know that. it has a three speed fan control so right now its on the lowest setting. i may have to replace that later...ill see how it goes.

i have it blowing air OUT instead of in. that way, not only will cat hairs stay outside (its near a window) but it will also blow out the hot air that the grapics cards exhaust from the sides. the 120mm fans i ordered should be able to blow the hot air that comes from the back of the cards in the case. i can feel the front of the case get warm when those two 7870s are in use. thermal compound is on the way right now btw...

Attachments

• P051613_2227[01].jpg
    P051613_2227[01].jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 74
Scored this kit of Samsung "D-rev" off ebay and it arrived via the post today. :thup:

Attachments

• P1030945.JPG
    P1030945.JPG
    695.8 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back