• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Push for 6th!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you need an intel board to use XTU. It's intel's overclocking utility. It worked for my alienware laptop.

Why would Hwbot use a benchmark that only works on Intel hardware... I don't understand that move at all... is that true?

Ah apparently it's not just intel board it's "any motherboard that has XTU support implemented via the BIOS"... which apparently is just primarily intel boards with some exceptions.

Yes, that is true. You don't look at their forum much, do you? I'd link to it, but it seems to be dead at the moment (which may be why you don't!).

Anyway, they helped develop the bench in close collaboration with Intel. It's a part of Intel's xtreme tuning utility.

Yes, that is true. You don't look at their forum much, do you? I'd link to it, but it seems to be dead at the moment (which may be why you don't!).

Anyway, they helped develop the bench in close collaboration with Intel. It's a part of Intel's xtreme tuning utility.
I dont at all, no.

And that is absolutely ASININE they would do that... :facepalm:. WTG Hwbot, another perplexing move (to me)!

Yeah I was looking for their posts on xtu but their site was down. They took heat for it for being "in bed with intel". 3dmark firestorm extreme requires purchase too I believe. I think hwbot is going in an odd direction.

I've been an ASUS fan for a long time. None of them support XTU. That's it! Benchers unite! An excuse to try XTU on your boards!

I dont at all, no.

And that is absolutely ASININE they would do that... :facepalm:. WTG Hwbot, another perplexing move (to me)!

It didn't run on my desktop, server or laptop. I was slightly ticked off, because I wanted more points!

xtu will run on the msi z77 board. chip is a turd though and no real cooling right now. might be able to do 5200 on the ss. but it runs anyway, if anyone has that board. will have to check the asrock z77 boards

my Asrock Z77 E6 runs XTU.

on another note i have a general question about my 3770k and benching:

for benching purposes what is better to used - offset voltage or fixed? and lets say I used fixed - i cant get my machine to load into windows @ 49x 1.525v. Is that normal?

Fixed. No guess work. Should also have speedstep and the cstates disabled so offset benefits are gone.

Have you enabled CPU pll overvoltage?

the ext6 doesnt mind using offset voltage for me, and that allows the cpu voltage to drop (some boards wont do that). so whatever it takes to get the clocks you want is the best way. it seems to me that the asrock boards seem to run the coolest of any boards that I have messed with the sb ib.

Fixed, 1.520, CPU pll over voltage enabled. 49x no windows load. This is what I was dealing with when I was trying to find a stable 24/7 clock. Didn't like any multiplier over 46

Ill get some bios shots in a few

(And before anyone says it... 1.52 isn't where I'm normally at lol. We are benching here... I'm just trying to get into windows around 5.0)

edit: These settings just locked me up at windows load and caused a CLRCMOS situation

Attachments

• 130612202917.jpg
    130612202917.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 130612202947.jpg
    130612202947.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 130612203014.jpg
    130612203014.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 130612203046.jpg
    130612203046.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
looks like you need to give it some cpu pll voltage. ib seems to like it more than previous chips to me. try going back to 1.75 or 1.8

with fixed mode... should where should "additional Turbo Voltage" be? seems to be counter intuitive to Fixed...

Back