• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E2160@ 3.6Ghz on air...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow thats pretty amazing... what heatsink is it, if I may ask.

*EDIT* Sorry, just read your sig

Last edited:
Sweet man, I thought mine at 3.2 and 1.5 was all it has, I guess a bit more v-juice will take it all the way.

Nice OC :beer:

true overclocking. theres an avatar around here somewhere that says my $80 CPU > then your $200 CPU

i think for a project im going to do something like this. :) good job man!

63C load is actually pretty damn good for that speed and especially that voltage? Winter ambients helping you out? :) Otherwise very nice but personally I'd lower the vCore for 24/7, I'd be worried about degrading the chip over time with that much.

With the vCore lower, it's not stable. I won't be running it 24/7, since it will probably crap out in 1/2 the time. I was just really wanting to get a 100% overclock that was stable, and didn't require water. I am still a n00b, and have a fear of watercooling.

Just a personal achievement, that's all. ;)

Wow, thats amazing man. It makes me feel like if I wasted my money on a e6750 :(

But I guess I have a bigger cache :beer:

Wow, thats amazing man. It makes me feel like if I wasted my money on a e6750 :(

I most likely got lucky. The wafer that my proc was made from might have been well above par for the proc. Like I said in a different thread, my buddy's has the same proc and mobo, and couldn't get his passed 3.2, so you didn't waste any money.

Nice temps, I can run my e2180 at 3.45 with low 1.5v but my temps are at 67 load. I'm going to remount my Thermalright Ultra-120A tomorrow with the correct springs to see if it helps. I got sent short springs and didn't want to wait to install the new stuff so I rigged the mounting temporarily.

Hopefully it helps my temps, if not the IHS isn't soldered so I may try removing it.

Back