• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How often do you change cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How often do you change cases?

• after 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • after 2 years

Votes: 134 17.2%
  • after 3 years

Votes: 117 15.0%
  • Over 3 years

Votes: 327 41.9%
  • less than 1 year

Votes: 44 5.6%
  • Every time a new standard comes out

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • I own a laptop

Votes: 25 3.2%
  • I change my case more often than I change underwear :)

Votes: 43 5.5%
  • Eobard eats catnip

Votes: 64 8.2%
  • Oni is a ninja

Votes: 102 13.1%

• Total voters
i said 3 years, simply because that's how long it takes me to buy a new pc. Being only 19 and paying $15,000 a year for school i can't afford much else. :bang head :confused:

latley i have been switching cases and mobo around my house just cuz i happened to get a some cases from work that were way better then that old gateway p2 case. lol. on my main machine in my sig. i don't think i will ever change it out. when i build a new sys i will get a new case. i honestly dont' plan on parting that one out either, just keep it around since it is my first fully custom computer. my first barebone didn't cut it for me lol

well considering that I just brought home an older Netserver 5/90 LM case, I may be upgrading soon.. Ill have to do some serious modification just to fit in a MB, PSU and such, Im looking at probably a month or so before I am able to move gear over and that is assuming that I work on it daily.

should have an other. I change it depending how long the case lasts. For example, my antec got rather beat up, or I sold the system like the last system, or I broke the door of one antec case

My first couple cases lasted about 3 years. My last one lasted about 2 years, which is longer than it should have, because it was a really crappy cooler. I just changed back in may when I did a mobo/cpu upgrade. This one will probably only last a year or so, I'll be getting a bigger one, probably a CM Stacker, when I do my next big upgrade so I'll have room for a watercooling setup.

-Oni is a Niagara Ninja
-As much as i change my underwear
-Change 3+ years (odd when put with previous vote)

Ive had 2 cases, and technically the first case is part of the 2nd case, as i made the 2nd case outa the 1st cases' mobo tray and hdd rack

Over 3 years. Coolermaster ATC-201 still kicking, although it's getting a bit cramped now with a large tower-style hsf. The cases with a 120mm fan on the back are probably noticably wider. Spent a fair chunk on it knowing I'd keep it for ages and it will probably end up as an HTPC case maybe with quieter case fans - not that the current ones are really loud but I wouldn't really want them in a living room.

I'm using the same case since my K6-2(so maybe since 1998-99), which was my first ATX case. Mind you its been modified heavily since then, but it's still the same case.

Ive got A case bieng delivered tomarrow, sitting as DHL right now here in town... that will make my 3rd case in the last 2 yrs.

I finally switched to a TT Armor case after using a dull generic beige case for 4 years. It's seen it's share of motherboards...

never.

I have a giant steel full tower case with 3 holes hacked into it. I just dont see the logic behind chaning a case out unless its for space issues. my case is old as hell and the only downside to that is that I have to use a screw when installing or removing cards. big woop.

need to add a "why change my case"? answer for the poll

I'm on my 6th case in the last 18 months.
Silverstone TJ06, three CM Stackers, a LL V2k and the current TJ07.

What can I say?
I enjoy modding/assembling systems and since I work in a computer shop it's easy to sell em on when I'm done.

I have had 3 in my life time (soon to be 4). Started with an Antec Entry Server (Steel/Heavy!). Practiced moding on it and it has since been scrapped. Then I went to an Antec Super Lan Boy. That was a good case nice and light but it got pretty beat up (stripped screws and such too) and was too small for H2O. It is going to be cut up and used in my new acrylic cube case I am making. Curretnly I am in a Cheming Entry Server (AL) with my water. I am like clocker2 I like moding so I go through a lot of cases. Got a cheapo for a friend (they are the best) and moded it up for him! It was one of the 30$ specials from PriceWatch!

Im getting bored of regular cases so i have to make them myself. It seems like they are all mostly plastic pieces of junk or large metal generic blobs.

I've been averaging about one a year though I think my current case, a Chenming/Chieftech Matrix full tower, will last far longer then my previous cases.

I've never thrown away a case yet. Been running the same case for my main rig since '99.

Well I am currently using a hom-made case, a server case from a 90's server, and an alien style case. I still have older cases floating around and to me it doen't really matter, as long as I can fit everything into it that I need. I built a custom case from scratch simply because I could not find anything that resembled what I needed to fir the watercooling setup and other accessories into.

In the past 2 years I have run:

Antec SLK-2650BQE
Antec SLK-3000BQE
Antec P160-SW
Antec P180-My current rig
Antec LifeStyle Solo: My dads PC

Back