• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid 0 Concern

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elicaris

Registered
About two weeks ago I ordered two of these guys http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319. Once they came in I set up my first Raid 0 set up. So far so good, everything running quick and flawless. Well now this morning when I booted up my system I went into "my comptuer" and saw that my C: drive bar was full and red, which usually indicates that the drive is full or near full. Under it it said 564MB free of 1.16TB, Now the only thing I can think of is that the OS reads my first HDD is becoming full which it should just read both drives as one. I'm guessing it's a bug, but then again how severe could this bug go? If I end up putting 564MB of data and fill the drive will I get an error? will it crash resulting in all my data lost? So I right clicked and scheduled a DISKCHK, no errors on that. Then I went into Nvidia Control Panel and did a SMART Self-test, the first drive came back with an error, the second drive came back fine. I ran these tests the day I got my raid set up with no issues, I did it a week later and no issues, all of a sudden Drive 0 is getting an issue. What do you guys think? could it be a simple bug or a serious data losing issue?

Oh BTW this is my rig, http://www.xfire.com/profile/xaikin/

scroll down to the bottom and it's all listed. Thanks for reading guys I appreciate any input.

have you run a virus scan?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4082/whoa.jpg

I have yes, i have an update. I used a program called Tree Size Free to see if something was taking up the space. Apparently in my recycling bin I had a massive 640gig of files in there that Im not sure where it came from. They werent in the recycling bin, so only way I could erase them was to right click on it in the program, go to properties, uncheck read only and apply to all sub folders, then erase it from there. That fixed my space error, but now I still have the NVIDIA SMART self-test still reading an error in HDD-0. What could cause this error?

Some virus scanning software valts to the recycling bin.

I'm not familiar with Nvidia's HD scanning software or aware of it being of any use so I couldn't answer the question without more information.. Like does the software give you a description of the error found?

nivida chipset .. add some SB volts ,I have had to do this to every nivida mobo I have worked with with more than 1 drive ...

Then again any part can be new & bad in the wraper , allways backup your stuff ;)

nivida chipset .. add some SB volts ,I have had to do this to every nivida mobo I have worked with with more than 1 drive ...

Then again any part can be new & bad in the wraper , allways backup your stuff ;)

that would be the MCP right? which I believe I set mine to 1.5v, are you suggesting I toss it up to 1.55? thank you for the reply I didnt even consider voltages since I already set them to what I believed was a good level. Then again I've never set up a raid so I'm not sure how much power is required.

I put the MCP voltagesto 1.55 but the test still failed. Then i tried putting the SPP, MCP, and MCP<--->SPP to auto and still no go. Have anything else I can try?

Back