• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/C Forums Toronto LAN Party (June 18/19 in Downtown Toronto) -- All are invited!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmm. Foam Beer Coazies then? :(

I'll bring some plastic cups I guess.

When i've become a millionaire next year i will fly over with my laptop to be at the next LAN there.

You guys have a great weekend :thup:

I'm not in University anymore, I gave up canned beer after 2nd year..

looks like a roll of duct tape for each beer bottle so if it brakes the bits can't fly off.

feel free to call and I'll call ya back so you don't have to pay long distance.

Last edited:
Guys guys, this isn't a 'get drunk' party it's a LAN party. I'm sure you can get by one night either w/o drinking, or only drinking out of cans. It's not a huge issue.

I may have one or two over the course of the night but I'm there to game, not to drink.

Oh, I have a question. What're the chairs they have there like? I'm contemplating bringing my own. Hell, if I'ma be sitting on my *** for 15 hours, I'd better be sitting in a comfortable chair.

The chairs are office chairs, but padded. Not bad. I wouldn't bring a chair, but I would bring a pillow or some extra padding.

Guys, Oni is right, this is a gamin', overclockin', benchin', and geekin' party, not a get smashed party ;)

The glass rule is totally reasonable, especially given that we're going to have a bunch of expensive computers all over the floor. I know that a lot of you (myself included) intend to drink a few beers (or more than a few if you have a legendary Constitution ;)). If you want to drink good bottled beer (as I intend to), bring a small cooler with a sealable lid to keep your beer in, and bring a plastic mug or a plastic cup/container to drink your beer out of.

The issue is broken glass, I completely understand why Bruce doesn't want beer bottles sitting on every flat surface (the floor, the tables, computers, moniters.... etc.).

26 hours i leave in my car. Should I have a list of the stuff in my car for the boarder patrol? Also how do i get this **** tagged?

Woozy said:
26 hours i leave in my car. Should I have a list of the stuff in my car for the boarder patrol? Also how do i get this **** tagged?
You'll probably need to bring each one out and get it tagged (or, if your lucky, you may be able to get the border guard to come out & tag it.)

It's a little sticker that they jam on the side of each item. They'll need manufacturer name, model number and serial number of each item (so having them in a list may be handy, but then again, they may want to double-check each one, idk).

Your major electronics should be enough (computer, monitor). I'm not sure how well a custom-built box will do when they ask you for mfg/model/serial of the entire thing though ;)

Crimedog and I + 1 are on the way.

When we get lost, we will be calling DeRussett, as thats the only number I have.

Hey,

I have 4 guys to add to the list.

DegreeZ
Chrome
Rubbisheep
Jeff!

Quick question. Does it matter what time our party arrives on Saturday? Will we will able to come around 9PM?

Thanks

DegreeZ,

DegreeZ said:
Hey,

I have 4 guys to add to the list.

DegreeZ
Chrome
Rubbisheep
Jeff!

Quick question. Does it matter what time our party arrives on Saturday? Will we will able to come around 9PM?

Thanks

DegreeZ,

From what I know they are getting there setting up around 11am and the rest people coming from 2 thats when suppose to start.

O.K., got you guys :). Apu, I'm sorry to hear that.

~9 P.M. should be O.K., although we would prefer to have you here before 2 P.M.

The LAN officially starts at noon.

CanadaLAN phone number for if you get lost: 416-690-1690

Last edited:
Back