• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - Retail Release - Smiley Grenade Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One ability i wish the multiplayer had is being able to look at the score screen (tab) while waiting to respawn. I find myself respawning and leaving myself vulnerable just to see my score.

One ability i wish the multiplayer had is being able to look at the score screen (tab) while waiting to respawn. I find myself respawning and leaving myself vulnerable just to see my score.
If you hit ESC it brings up a window that will let you do so, also if the game doens't use kill cams (fewer and fewer are now) you can tab before you get to the squad selection screen.

I believe the Steam version of the SecuROM was like in GTA IV in which you have unlimited installs.
AFAIK, it was the same as retail (it said 10 concurrent installs in the 3rd party DRM section in the Steam store), but it's a moot point since it was removed, which is a good thing as it served no purpose. :)

Press ESCAPE. I know...I was wondering the same thing early on too. :screwy:

I haven't playing this on PC, only the PS3... It seems like the PC version has a ton of options to select for the server? (Kill cams on/off and stuff like that) Too bad PS3 only has normal and hardcore selections.

For some reason I can't get the scope to stay zoomed even if I hold down the button. hmmm.

After some more tweaking and fraps benching it seems the .ini tweaks actually give a performance boost now. Didn't do anything on my dual-core. But now, setting undergrowth and overgrowth to Low, and setting RenderAheadLimit = 2, gives some good fps improvements. From 45 min fps up to 59-77 depending on map, and avg. is up to ~110.

Overgrowth/undergrowth = the vegetation, and RenderAheadLimit is the frames the CPU is allowed to render ahead of the GPU (on my dual I had input lag whatever I set this to, but now there's no more input lag and setting to 2 gives an fps boost).

For some reason I can't get the scope to stay zoomed even if I hold down the button. hmmm.

Hold the shoot button, not the scope button.

BTW the ping issue happens to me also and I do not have the steam version of the game. I don't even run steam anymore.

meh whatever i dont want steam drm and i dont want limited installs (i dont care if i can deactivate . . . cause if i lose an install it wont be of my choice). lost sale

I'm looking to upgrade, possibly my graphics card because I believe that is the biggest detriment for me being able to achieve smooth framerates. I'm only looking to run around medium settings with 1680x1050, with no hiccups.

So far I have:

Intel E2180 CPU @ 3 ghz
Nvidia 8800GT
4 GB 800 mhz ram

I'd love to upgrade cpu and mobo, but thatd be fairly expensive if i went the i7 route, plus it might be overkill because I'm only looking to play this game for the future.

How would I fare with a video card upgrade, say an ATI Radeon 5770 or 5750?

Again, I don't need max, settings. Just medium at an average resolution. Would my cpu still be too outdated for BC2?

meh there are plenty of games that dont treat you like a criminal. im not going to be taken advantage of just to play a video game. have fun being used. civilization hasnt tried to abuse me yet and part V is coming out. thats another

meh whatever i dont want steam drm and i dont want limited installs (i dont care if i can deactivate . . . cause if i lose an install it wont be of my choice). lost sale

Buy it at Impulse. Their DRM is waaaay less than that of Steam if they have any that is lol

I'm looking to upgrade, possibly my graphics card because I believe that is the biggest detriment for me being able to achieve smooth framerates. I'm only looking to run around medium settings with 1680x1050, with no hiccups.

So far I have:

Intel E2180 CPU @ 3 ghz
Nvidia 8800GT
4 GB 800 mhz ram

I'd love to upgrade cpu and mobo, but thatd be fairly expensive if i went the i7 route, plus it might be overkill because I'm only looking to play this game for the future.

How would I fare with a video card upgrade, say an ATI Radeon 5770 or 5750?

Again, I don't need max, settings. Just medium at an average resolution. Would my cpu still be too outdated for BC2?

i have a i7 and 5770 and i play at full settings and it runs great and looks great!

Back