• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

equinox! Challange accepted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since when did I become a part of this challenge. Oh well, I guess when I finally get an air conditioner installed in my studio apartment I can get my pc folding again. For now, I'll do what i can with pc and laptop i have access to at work :p

Would you rather have a new challenge? I'll throw down in a PPD battle

If I were to start throwing money towards folding, what would be the best bang for the buck? Keeping in mind that I know the 4P points are going away. I'm thinking video cards for my multiple machines.

Currently I'm folding with:
460 1 Gb
660Ti
560Ti

I have the 660 and 460 in my gaming rig. The 560 is too loud so its in a machine in the basement. :comp:

Amd 7970 or 280x would work real well with the 1035t. Power supply would need to be at least a 750 though. My 280x is doing 120k a day on avg. the 7970 a bit less. Just sold a couple of 7770 amd cards and ordered another 280x. I think i got the 280x for 320.00.

Power supply would need to be at least a 750 though.

Are you sure ???

I would think a decent 500-550 would be plenty.....

Agree that the Amd 7970 or 280x are worth looking at.....Starting to see $$ come back down to earth recently too. :)

Are you sure ???

I would think a decent 500-550 would be plenty.....

Agree that the Amd 7970 or 280x are worth looking at.....Starting to see $$ come back down to earth recently too. :)

Possible i suppose, i prefer a little extra especially with an amd cpu above a 4 core.

machausta, it looks like we're getting drawn into this PPD challenge. Let the smack talk begin!

what the hell am I doing:chair:

Its gonna get warm in this house tonight with all the machines I'm kicking on...

Lets see, the dual 3.0 xeon (netburst) will destroy my electric bill by itself :)

my q6600 is the only one I remember folding with this week...so far...

That rig in my sig is up at my sister in laws. Will get it going again on Friday night I hope. I wonder if I can convince work to buy Hardass' 4p setups :p

No worries. I have a PC Power & Cooling 750 80+Silver. I will probably take out the two Nvidia cards in my main rig and put them in the rigs I have downstairs. I'm looking at the R9 280 now. I did find a 3Gb version for cheap so I'm looking at the difference between 3Gb v 4GB 280's. I'll firm something up in the next week or so then purchase more folding power. Maybe I can get myself into the top 20 producers.

pantyshot(www.overclockers.com) is in my sights. :snipe: In selecting a new card, noise is going to be a huge issue for me. The card will be in the office that I share with my wife. The R9 280x all run over 40 dB. Also, I want to run with at least one of my Nvidia cards in the second slot.

What do you think about the GTX 770?

humanoid1. I get you in about three weeks. Why are you at 0 ppd? You got big numbers then nothing. I'm begging you to slow my advance upon you. :thup:

The question is now moot. I bought a GTX 770 from the classies here. The price was too good. It'll give me a good boost.

My production will dip before it goes up. I have to loan my GTX 460 1Gb card to a client until his new one comes in. Then I should get it back AND have my 770. Then I should be able to fold like the wind. Is that a thing? Can one fold like the wind?

Back