• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proposal: Pimp folding for 32 on iNet.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cjwinnit

B&
(This is an abridged version of a PM I sent to the new Admins).

Now that we have new owners it would seem we might get a lot of new blood on the forum, and almost all of them will not have heard of Folding@Home. Taking the guess that these forums don't have a folding Team, and that the ownerss will pimp the forum on other boards, perhaps they could be recruited here?

Edit: Just checked, neither Yaxay nor webhostingchat have a Foling Team, we gotta move on this :D

Last edited:
a borg to end all borgs......
shock.gif

Maxvla said:
a borg to end all borgs......
shock.gif

Indeed, the maths is astonishing. Between all three forums there are about 200,000 members. If we got just 5% of them folding for 32 that's 10,000 members.

Extrapolating our production would put us at a million points a day.

Cjwinnit said:

Indeed, the maths is astonishing. Between all three forums there are about 200,000 members. If we got just 5% of them folding for 32 that's 10,000 members.

Extrapolating our production would put us at a million points a day.
ready... set.... go!

ok i might sound dumb and I should probably know better than to post with no sleep in a day and 1/2 but

who did we join?

were we sold?

who bought us?

why won't maxvla let me cook for any of his avatars?

who invented liquis soap and why?

nahmus said:
ok i might sound dumb and I should probably know better than to post with no sleep in a day and 1/2 but

who did we join?

were we sold?

who bought us?

why won't maxvla let me cook for any of his avatars?

who invented liquis soap and why?
1. INet
2. Yes
3. INet
4. She's all mine.. all mine :D
evil.gif

5. beats me.. but its easier to dispense and easier to get lather.

see this thread for details: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=235570

I think its a great idea... I hope we can:D

We just need a really easy one click install where you don't even have ot pick to set up the thing, you just have a defualy user and team 32 that it automaticly sets up...

.................................im speechless................... :drool:

[H] IS GOIN dOWN! then it would be ~{s}~ oft ocp :D

this is great! if we get get 50% of them folding..................we might even be able to take on the google team!

Hehe, my very first response in regards to the new admins/owners was "do you think we can get them to fold"? LOL! I think maybe in time, they may get interested in the project aside from the pwnage aspect and see it as a real opportunity to help humanity, as we all do. Of course, putting the hurt to the [H] and to OCAU would be a nice side effect :D

pwned.gif

DManeKid said:
who is to say they wont make their own teams though?

well, inet ownes other forums so for each forum to start a folding team would be kinda redundent. those other forums are sister forums to the OC forum.

(that made more sense in my head)

And we already being 3rd is kind of great as well ! Noone can say no to this proposal They can help us take 1st place =)

Or some people may suggest that we start a whole new team. Call it, INet. ;) Some of the people from the other forums may want to do that rather than join our team. I personally am not saying thats what should happen. Just a possible outcome. Just think how fast that conglomerate team would rise through the ranks. :eek:

Maxvla said:

You know Max, as much as I'd like to read this thread pertaining to the sale of the forums, I can't. I'm only a four star so access is restricted. What I find even more humurous is this link from the Skipster himself.

Here

Read this thread, Very important......Yah, Hurry up and wait too ;)

Try this thread instead.

Here

Well, that would be an amazing amount of production. It would be fun to actually pose a challenge to google, which is doable if we get those kinds of numbers.

Back