• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I read it...but the system isn't very user friendly...different than any other forum I've ever posted pics on...and I uploaded from photo bucket not using the PC that has the pics saved on it...and it would only allow for the tiniest file size imaginable...would work great if people were still using 1 megapixel cameras but even then it would probably need to be cropped down.

Oh and placing the cursor between the 2 ][ is near impossible on my touch screen...I tried it for a while before giving up...it was either this or not posting at all ever so I left it up to an admin to either delete it now or delete it if photo bucket ever goes out of business.

I read it...but the system isn't very user friendly...different than any other forum I've ever posted pics on...and I uploaded from photo bucket not using the PC that has the pics saved on it...and it would only allow for the tiniest file size imaginable...would work great if people were still using 1 megapixel cameras but even then it would probably need to be cropped down.

You can upload a 2MB JPEG, how is that not big enough?

To upload, just click Go Advanced, use the paperclip icon to attach, then click the paperclip again to put the pictures in-line.

Yeah, the 2 MB limit is a bit small by today's standard, but this rule is only in place to avoid having broken links strewn through this thread in a few years' time. The first version of this thread mostly has broken image links if you were to go through that from the beginning. Free image hosting websites aren't very reliable unfortunately.

You're more than welcome to create a build log in the forum and link to it from here. You can use any image hosting solution you wish in your build log, so no need to resize. Maybe just choose a few that you want to showcase and crop them to within specs for this thread as a teaser to look at your build log?

Aaaaand ninja'd... :p

Last edited:
K...thanks for the heads up and the tips. Sorry for being such a noon about it all.

Not a problem at all!

What I do is auto resize to 2000px on one side (I use an auto-save script in Photoshop) using JPEG compression.
Usually ends up around 1.5-1.8MB :)

I'll quote the very first post of the thread. It seems people aren't reading that essential post that asks you to host your pics locally to avoid broken links in the future.

Sorry, posting with my phone so that isnt possible :/

Sorry, posting with my phone so that isnt possible :/
sure it is. You have a couple of choices...

1. Use the regular site from your phone.
2. When you are not mobile, then attach them.

That is a rule of the thread, please follow it at your earliest convenience. :)

Here's a few pics of a portable I through together for a LAN party using a TT Water 2.0 Extreme

Sorry for the crappy pics

After watching this thread for a while I'm starting to wonder if the posting rules are the reason for the lack of posting.

After watching this thread for a while I'm starting to wonder if the posting rules are the reason for the lack of posting.
I can see how you would have that concern, considering it takes the same amount of time (and brain power) to attach a picture to the site as it does to go to a third party website and do the same thing...

The point of the instructions are for posterity sake. As you may know, some of those hosts will remove pictures if they are not accessed after X amount time. Hosting it here preserves the images longer and this thread will not end up looking like a swiss cheese mess of pictures and removed pictures disheveled mess. :thup:

My nerd cave , as my friends like to call it, I call it my little peace of heaven on earth

Attachments

• IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 811
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    941.5 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 810
Here are some of my system. These are about 2 months old. I will take some more pictures when I get home. These are before I added my 2nd R9 280x watercooled, New SSD and some White CCFL's to give some accent lighting inside. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 2013-11-13 18.39.43.jpg
    2013-11-13 18.39.43.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 706
  • 2013-11-13 18.39.53.jpg
    2013-11-13 18.39.53.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 705
  • 2013-11-13 18.41.46.jpg
    2013-11-13 18.41.46.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 703
  • 2013-11-13 18.43.28.jpg
    2013-11-13 18.43.28.jpg
    911 KB · Views: 692
Pretty! But red(any color) dye... yikes.

I did a lot of testing before using it. I didn't just die water. I ordered the cooling fluid in the color and tested on all my blocks. After 1 month of exposure I had no staining or residue. So I decided to use it. I just replaced the fluid not to long ago and cleaned my blocks and there was no staining. So I am very happy with it.

Its all personal preference but your blocks, tubing and reservoir will stain in the long term. Even if you do the every 2-3 month complete tear downs.

Indeed personal preference. I don't think the staining would ever affect the thermal performance enough to ever make a noticeable difference. I like the aesthetics of it, since the PC is viewed by a lot. I used clear coolant with colored tubing. But it never gave off that vibrant color. It was always dull and chalky, if you know what I am saying.

Back