• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED My 2600k overclock so far, need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PLL voltage is not on. I believe it is on auto, which is basically like disable. As for crashing at high OC, 4.2 isnt exactly high for a 2600k.

The 4.2 OC was stable as mentioned on earlier tests, until i cranked down the voltage a notch down. 3.3v to 3.25. Before I left the room, intel burn test seemed to be running fine.

Update: I OCed to 4 ghz with auto voltage. Comp went to sleep, didnt post back up, reset cmos. I don't know what is going on.

Update: After some research, I found others with problems with OCing and sleep/ hibernate. I will try to disable c states.

Purely anecdotal, but I've had nothing but problems over the years with sleep modes. I keep the C-states enabled, but tell Windows to never sleep, never hibernate, and I've had much better luck with that. Even without OCing, sleep seems to be the thing that breaks lots of drivers.

Just my 2c.

Hmm turning off sleep via windows sounds better than turning off c-states? Anyone else agree? I will also try to disable pll

2600k OC so far, recommendations?

OK I have tried to OC my 2600k to 4.5ghz at 1.35 vcore, but it crashed. So far I was able to get it to 4.2ghz with a vcore at 1.31v, but I had to set my multi load line calibration to level 5. Without the multi load it isnt stable. I have a gigabyte mobo as you can see in my specs. I am using cpu-z and easytune 6 to measure my vcore. Odd thing is that running intel burn test at max, my voltage used is around 1.296-1.308. But on idle its at 1.32v. Perhaps this is due to the multi load line? I want to hit 4.5ghz. Any help?

Best stress test for 2600k?

Currently I am using intel burn test for my 2600k. I run it on max. I wasn't so sure if it was good enough, since a lot of ppl use prime95 or linx. What do you guys recommend. I really don't want to leave my comp on overnight stressing, since I read somewhere that it can degrade the cpu. I'm looking for tests I can do quickly in comparison to overnight stresses. Any thoughts?

LinX is pretty much the most stressful program you can run. Be sure to make it use max memory.

+1, LinX is also what I have been using, Its far more computationaly stressful than just about anything else out there. Also for those of you who aren't programmers or computer science majors. LinX makes better utilization of a core than pretty much anything else out there.

Keep in mind if your using LinX on a hyperthreaded system that it takes 2x as long to execute threads if your running at the thread max. Since LinX makes full use of the Floating Point unit. If you want to use it as a benchmark for computational throughput than you should disable HyperThreading from the bios, then run it.

I see that you already have a thread discussing your 2600k, for future reference you should keep these posts all in your one thread as it makes it a lot easier to track your progress and questions instead of having 3-4 threads about the same topic from one person.

And ontopic: +1 for LinX and one for prime95 for the old standby.

Merged your threads. Please refrain from making multiple threads on the same topic. Thanks.

-hokie

the drop in Vcore when you're under load is called Vdroop. It's normal - and that's what LLC tries to compensate for.

You can try upping your LLC a little - maybe 6.

I've got a stable 44x on a similar GB mobo + i5-2500k with DVID of +0.100 and LLC 3. That will result in less voltage at idle, but enough at full load. Your CPU / mobo may need more ore less juice. Perhaps from what you're showing more.

In order to get mine stable @ 45x I had to put the vcore at 1.4 + LLC 5 or 6. That's more vcore than I wanted at idle, and so far using DVID hasn't worked well for me at more than 44x.

I read somewhere that using LLC may cause voltage spikes which may be dangerous to the cpu. If I were to adjust the turbo ratios instead of the multiplier and also adjust the turbo limit wattage, would that do any difference?

I read somewhere that using LLC may cause voltage spikes which may be dangerous to the cpu.
You will kill the processor faster with overclocking. Even by then, it will be outdated enough that you won't care.

I couldn't get stable at 1.35v but at 1.36v, I am rock stable. 12+ hours prime95 stable.

Back