• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back with a new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HAL-9000

Hey all.. It's been awhile. (RL & stuff)

I'm starting a new build this weekend. I pretty much have everything already. Just waiting on some noise suppression stuff suppression stuff & other odds & ends.

Here it goes:
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Corsair H100i
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-2400 4 x 8GB (overkill I know)
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Video Card
Seagate 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive
SeaSonic X Series 650W 80+ GOLD Certified PSU
Corsair 600T Case
Windows 8.1

Thoughts??

If this is for gaming I would have taken the money from the 32GB of RAM and gotten a 780 instead...

True but I had an opportunity to grab the 770 fairly cheap & went for it. I probably would still have went overboard on the RAM anyway, just because.

About the RAM.. Just because I can really. I had the extra money this time around so I splurged for the hell of it.

I wasn't going to get an SSD but ironically I've been debating with myself all day on whether or not to get one.

& thanks

About the RAM.. Just because I can really. I had the extra money this time around so I splurged for the hell of it.

I wasn't going to get an SSD but ironically I've been debating with myself all day on whether or not to get one.

& thanks

RAM drive :thup:

But yeah, are you running VM's?

SSD's.... Get one for your OS. you will not be dissapointed.

With the amount you're spending, you will be disappointed if you don't grab an SSD. Even a 120GB 840 EVO would do you a world of good in making you "happier" with the responsiveness of the system you put so much money into.

You won't feel the speed of the system snapping around in Windows without an SSD. 120GB is enough for OS and a few important programs. It makes a big difference.

Corsair H100i software has a problem with windows 8.1 I would go with NH d14 cpu air cooler. However you will need low profile memory to fit under the cooler.

Corsair H100i software has a problem with windows 8.1 I would go with NH d14 cpu air cooler. However you will need low profile memory to fit under the cooler.

I did some digging & eventually found a link on the Corsair forums to version of Corsair Link (v2.5.5145) that supposedly rectifies the 8.1 issues. It seems to have worked for alot of people, as long as they removed any previous versions of Link prior to install. Though, I've been unable to confirm that the version ever officially made it out of beta. Is anyone familiar with this release?

Back