• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 550D quiet Z87 OC build -OC Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZoSoSwiM

My first build. Wanted something quiet that would last a while and have decent overclocking potential. Put her together yesterday and she's running great so far. With all stock settings it blows my old Dell 630i away.. Now with overclocking I hope to add even more to that. I currently have adaptive voltage set at 1.245 and I'm stable in AIDA64, Cinebench R15, and 3DMark. For whatever reason Prime95 crashes out. (I'm convinced it just doesn't like me.)

Although the 550D case is designed for a quiet setup It's plenty cool inside the case with no extra fans. Might add 3 more 140's if needed though. My apartment is around 71*f and the Corsair H100i is keeping it right about that as well at idle. In balanced mode the system is barely audible.

I reused my monitors, keyboard, game board, mouse, headphones, and speakers.. Also moved the 1TB drive from my old machine and used an old DVD drive I had laying around. Might eventually throw a Blueray drive in though.

I'm rather new to overclocking and went off a few guides and compared what they said. I know I don't want to exceed 1.25 on vcore... The system is fine with a 45cpu ratio and 42cache ratio. I wouldn't mind getting to 46 on the cpu though.. Sadly it won't boot at that ratio. Any tips?

I've included some system specs from Aida64 and HWmonitor.. If anyone sees anything that could harm my system please let me know.

2n0ritc.jpg

5juzx2.png.jpg

t0naea.png.jpg

2nakwb5.png.jpg

Here's the pcpartpicker link..
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Pss

Any suggestions or ideas for my overclock will be welcome. Thanks in advance!

-Jon

With all cores set to 46, try a Vcore of +0.060 offset (adjust for 1.22-1.25v), PLL Overvoltage: enabled, CPU LLC: Level 1, Cache Ratio: 38-43 (Vcache on Auto).

I attempted those settings but didn't help. PLL was already enabled, LLC was already at level 1. I didn't try setting the cache voltage to auto if thats what you meant.

Here is what Asrock atuning shows my current settings as..

156tu20.png.jpg

Other suggestions?! I appreciate the help!

"Didn't help" how? Prime / IBT failed? You set Vcore to offset / override mode instead of adaptive, and adjusted the override voltage to 1.22-1.25v? Also try setting the Cache / Ring voltage mode to override, w/ override voltage set to 1.20v and LLC set to either disabled, level 2 or level 3. If you can set a negative offset voltage w/ adaptive enabled, try that w/ a negative offset for the cache / ring voltage also. I'm not familiar w/ that particular boards UEFI, so some of the terms I use may not match up exactly w/ your particular BIOS options.

Back