• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or something like a Sunbeam controller which is a fraction of the cost!

Your comparing a manual pot controller to a microprocessor controller. The Sunbeam is a good manual controller, I have one in my used parts box. I think the best buy is the AQ5LT, $70 ($33 more than the old Sunbeam) buys you a microprocessor with all the software functions of the $200+ AQ6 Pro/XT.

Building a new loop with quality components why handicap it with old school controllers?

So where do you keep the 240 and 360 rads?

The 360 is mounted at the top in push/pull and the 240 is mounted on the back externally with a Swiftech "radbox" mount. I know not everyone likes a external rad, but I have too many drives and bay devises to mount a second rad inside. For it's cost the radbox is pretty slick, well made, supports the 240 with push/pull fans rock solid. The haf932 already has the plate for passing the coolant hoses, I cut part of the plate for running additional wiring outside the case, fans, sensors, and lighting components.

Waiting on small parts.
radbox01_zps1d35a3ac.jpg
radbox02_zpsbac805b4.jpg

Last edited:
Building a new loop with quality components why handicap it with old school controllers?
Just my mindset that's all, I don't have an issue manually changing my fan speeds when I need to. In most cases I just leave it set where it is.

Ok, thanks for the positioning. I would probably put the 360 on top and a 120 on the inside where you have the 240.

Welcome to OCFs!

I will say make sure you find the right size radiators or you'll be stuck with too thick can cause complications etc. I am going to assume you're looking for a low FPI radiators for a quiet build if you're going with that much heat surface otherwise a high FPI / High RPM setup would be sufficient @ 120.3.

Back