• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Excellent Western Digital RMA experience.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

runsalone

I RMAed one of my 36 gb raptors, and shipped it to WD on January 28th. It was part of a raid 0 array, and this single drive would randomly power cycle (in three completely different machines). I received a brand new 36 gb raptor today, manufactured on Feb 03, 2005. The entire process was pain-free with no BS involved. I just thought I'd share this for all those people thinking about buying some raptors.

I have had nothing but good experinces with WD as well. I had to RMA a 36g Raptor last year. It was quick and painless. :clap:

Glad to hear it. I had a bit of trouble with WD, but that was long ago and it turned out fine, just took quite awhile. I've had luck with Maxtor and their advanced RMA program.

Yes , their RMA service is excellent and fast. I did RMA 2 WD drives and everything worked out. I will always buy WD and nothing else!!!!

can you explain the problem more? what does random power cycle mean
i might have same problem but not sure...

How long did it take them to send you a new drive? I think I have a bad WD hard drive and need a replacement ASAP. Don't know if I should RMA it to ZipZoomFly where I bought it at or Western Digital.

I can also jump on this bandwagon.

I had an 80GB SE drive that was vibrating way too much for it to be good. (I had to set a heavy calculus textbook on my case to keep the whole thing from vibrating!) I emailed tech support, and they approved an RMA very quickly. The nice thing was that they did an advance RMA: they temporarily charged my credit card and shipped the new drive that day. As it turns out, it shipped out of Irvine, CA, so I think I had it the next day! I transferred all the data and shipped the old one back, and they credited the CC account very promptly.

I couldn't ask for any better from a manufacturer! -- Paul

WD is very fast to approve RMA's. I just got my second approved for SMART monitoring erros on a drive. Wierd cus the erros popped up at boot, and with 1 day it was getting really hard to get the info from the drive. But anyway last time i did it i got advanced replacement, and had new drive in 2 days. Sent old one back and was running fine. (till it died again this week :( )

Also website very informative as to if your drive is RMA eligable. And if windows datalifegaurd ( they recomend downloading it) says drive is borked. it directs you to webpage initiating the RMA. very handy IMHO

Back