• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blivingston

Hey all, ive been a little out of the loop, was over clocking a few years ago with water cooling, but was kind of broke, anways long story short im not broke any more and i was wondering what you think i should upgrade on my current rig? here are the specs:
Motherboard - ASUS P5NSLI
RAM - 3GB DDR2
Video Card - ATI All-in-wonder 1900
CPU - Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz
PSU - 550W

other peripherals, such as cd drives etc im not too worried about, just the main stuff up there, thanks for the advice in advance

New vid card (8800 gts 512?) New cpu (q6600 q9450 or q9550) not sure about mobo but 780i is good, and drop in another gig of ram. How old is that rig?

@Fallen: I think you have forgotten to take into account what OS he/she is using. If it is a 32bit operating system I believe it can only address 3GB of RAM so adding an extra gig would do sweet FA.

@op: What will you be using the rig for? I.E Gaming, Word Processing...

I'd go with an E8400 or Q6600 and a P35 board like the Abit IP35-E, Abit IP35-Pro, or Gigabyte P35-DS3L. If you are really into gaming I'd get an 8800GTS but if you are not so into it get a 9600GT.

Hey, i think i built it just over 2 years ago, and im mostly looking for gaming on it, im almost 100% sure i need a new video card, what else would you recommend?

Back